Ch.28

Shuyang's POV.

The four had already left and I was left alone with Mingrui.

His wings were folded back so they wouldn't take a lot of space considering how large angel wings were.

I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the boy who was seemingly unconscious.

His wings have been turning back to white since we came back out.

I sweeped his hair back.

"Mingrui, I appreciate everything you've done for me. You've... You've helped me even though I hated you at first. Thanks for being with me." I said awkwardly, trying to avoid looking at the older despite him being unconscious.

"I... I love you." I confessed and hesitated to kiss his forehead but ended up doing it anyways.

I get up and went for the door when I heard shuffling behind me.

"You love me, Shuyang?" My heart froze at the words.

He's awake so wouldn't this mean that he'd felt the kiss?!

"Mingrui, I..." I paused when I saw him get off the bed to pull me back.

He made me sit on the soft mattress, still in shock.

"Hello? Earth to Shuyang?" The older said, waving his hands at my face.

I blinked a couple of times and saw that we was sitting on Xinlong's bed, right in front of me.

"Tell me, Mr. Ren. What exactly do you mean by 'I love you'?" He teased.

"Do you want me to give you a serious answer or???" I trail off my words.

"Actually, I kinda am serious... I wanna know what you really mean." He said.

"Mingrui... I love you... Like- like that." I confessed.

"R-Really? You do?" The older says in disbelief. I nod my head awkwardly-

"Ah!" I yelped when Mingrui had leaped onto me, engulfing me in a hug.

"I love you too." He cried out, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, returning back the hug.

"Thank you."