Chapter 92

A/N: Another one that just ran too long and needed to be split 😆 Plus, does anyone else think that Chris would be very, very hot first thing in the morning?

****

'Mmmm...' Becca stretched sleepily, her brain feeling fuzzy, as though she'd woken from a really deep sleep.
'Hey.'
Becca lifted her head from her usual face-down sleeping position and looked blearily to the other side of the bed, where Chris had been sitting the previous night.
'I'm over here.' He said.
She followed the sound of his voice to the sofa where he was lying, looking deliciously disheveled, as though he hadn't been awake long himself.
He smiled slowly at her. 'Good morning.'
'Yeah.' She said.
God, he looks so sleepy and sexy. I'm not sure I can deal with that much hotness this early in the morning.
I, on the other hand, feel like I've been run over by a bus.
She let her face fall back onto the pillow, making Chris laugh.
'God, I hate mornings.' She said, her voice slightly muffled.
After a minute, she slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position against the pillows and shoved her hair out of her eyes.
'I don't remember going to bed, or the film ending.' She said, groggily. 'And why was I laying under a blanket on top of the duvet?'
Chris chuckled. 'You feel asleep on me about halfway through Moana.'
'Did I?' Becca said, letting out a big yawn, resting her head back against the wall and closing her eyes.
'Once it finished, I tried to wake you up so that you could go to bed properly, but you weren't having it.' He said with a laugh. 'You told me to leave you alone because you were too comfy! I couldn't work out how to get you under the duvet, so in the end I just laid you down on top and put the blanket over you.'
'I don't remember that.'
'I'm pretty sure that you weren't properly awake, even when you were talking to me.' He said.
She smiled a little. 'Well, sorry for falling asleep on you again.'
'That's okay.' He said. 'It was nice, I liked it.' He added softly.
Nice? Try amazing.
She felt herself blush a little and kept her eyes determinedly shut.
After a moment, a noise to her right drew her attention and she opened her eyes. Chris was standing up and stretching, emphasising the muscles in his back and shoulders.
Oh my.
Becca closed her eyes again, not wanting to be caught staring.
No, I wasn't looking and drooling at all.
'Do you mind if I turn the news on?' He asked.
'It's your tv.'
She heard the tv come on and then felt the other side of the bed dip. She looked over and gave him a small smile as he sat back against the pillows, before yawning hugely.
'Oh, excuse me.' She said, covering her mouth.
'Are you always this sleepy first thing in the morning?' Chris laughed.
'Yes.' She said. 'Until at least my second coffee.'
She tried to tuck her hair behind her ear, but it flopped forwards over her face again.
'Stupid hair.' She muttered, grabbing the wayward section and pinning it between her head and the wall.
Chris laughed. 'It is slightly wild this morning. But I guess that's what comes of sleeping face down all night.'
She gave him a mock glare. 'Not exactly looking perfectly coiffured yourself this morning, sweetie.' She said sarcastically, making him laugh and run his fingers through his hair.
Still unbelievably hot though.
'You know it's funny - all those 'good morning' texts, and now I finally get to see what you're like when you wake up.'
'And that's funny because...?'
'Well, it kind of explains all the surliness and the death threats.' He joked. 'You're clearly not a morning person.'
'One time I made that joke.' She said, holding up her index finger. 'Once. And it wasn't even a proper death threat.'
He laughed again.
'And you've only got yourself to blame for having to put up with me first thing in the morning - you're the one who talked me into staying over.'
'True.' He said. 'But I don't mind the early morning grumpiness. I think it's kind of cute actually.'
'You know, in the history of the world, 'you're cute when you're grumpy' has never improved anyone's mood. Ever.' Becca said.
'Sorry, you're just so much fun to tease.' He laughed. 'But I'll leave you to wake up slowly.'
'Thank you.' She said, leaning her head back against the wall and closing her eyes.
'Becs?' Chris said after a few minutes.
'Hmmm?' She replied.
'Are you dozing off again?'
'No.' She said sleepily.
Chris laughed again. 'Come on, let's get you downstairs and get some coffee in you.'

Chris's mum and dad were already sitting at the kitchen table when they walked in, and Becca could hear children's voices coming from the playroom.
'Morning.' Chris said.
'Morning sweetheart.' Chris's mum said, getting up from the table and kissing him on the cheek before coming over to Becca.
'Good morning Becs.' She said with a smile, before kissing Becca on the cheek as well.
'Good morning.' Becca smiled back.
'Did you sleep well, dear?' Lisa asked.
'Yes, thank you - that bed's really comfortable.'
'Well sit down, sit down.' Lisa said, gesturing to the table. 'Would you like a coffee?'
'I would love a coffee, thank you.' Becca said.
'What happened to grumpy morning Becs?' Chris teased. 'You're being as sweet as pie to my mom.'
'Of course I am.' Becca said, rolling her eyes. 'I can't be rude to your mum - she's lovely. Plus I don't really know her, and I'm a guest in her house.'
'So if you stay over at my place, you'll be this sweet to me?' He asked.
'No, probably not.' Becs smiled.
Chris barked out a surprised laugh.
'It's a compliment really.' She said.
'Oh, is it now?' He grinned.
'Yes. It means I'm comfortable enough around you that I can be myself. You must know what they say about the British and rudeness.'
'No.'
'That we've got it the wrong way round because we're polite to strangers and rude to our friends.' Becca said with a smile.
Chris laughed.
'There you go.' Lisa said a minute later, putting a cup of coffee in front of Becca.
'Mmmm.' Becca gave a small sound of pleasure as she took her first sip.