Chapter Nineteen

Cheyenne POV:

I went through what Marley could have possibly have planned that night. It was driving me crazy and I was a nervous wreck.

"What's on your mind, sister?" Lana asked when she walked through the front door.

"Marley has something planned tonight and I'm trying to think of what it could possibly be." I told her.

"You really like him don't you?" She asked me. "Yeah, I do." I replied, smiling at her. "He's a good man. He'll take care of you." She told me.

I smiled as I felt a slight blush on my cheeks.

To say I liked him was a major understatement. I was beginning to think I was in love with him. Being only eighteen and feeling this way was a scary thought. I was worried that he would grow to find me to immature for him because of my age. The age difference means nothing to me and he says the same but I couldn't help but be self conscious.

"Something bothering you?" Lana asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Do you think the age difference between us bothers him? I mean we're twelve years apart." I said, timidly. "And?" She asked. "I mean, I'm okay with it but I'm worried he'll find someone his own age and forget all about me." I told her.

"Honey, that man has had his fair share of women, I won't lie about that. The way he looks at you though, it's different. Like completely different. He's crazy about you." Lana told me.

"That's not the only thing I'm worried about, Lana." I said. "What else is there?" She asked. "I've never.." I stopped letting out a sigh. "I'm still a virgin." I continued. "Yeah?" She asked, not at all affected.

I sighed and nodded.

"I haven't had a boyfriend. I was busy raisin' Jack and now that I have Marley here.. I'm scared." I told her, shyly.

"And you think that will have him runnin' from you?" She asked, a bit shocked. "Well, yeah." I said.

Lana then began to laugh.

"Glad you find it so damn funny, Lan." I grumbled. "I'm sorry, it's just I've known Marley for years. He's not like that. You have to remember, he was once a virgin too." She replied.

"Hate to interrupt, but can I steal Cheyenne from you, Lan?" Marley asked, walking into the living room. "Be my guest." She said, patting his shoulder.

"You ready?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Absolutely." I said as he took my hand.

I wasn't ready by any means. I didn't know what the hell to expect.

Marley helped me onto the bike before getting on behind me.

"You remember what to do?" He asked, his breath gently fanning my ear.

I gulped the lump in my throat and nodded.

After Marley telling me to take a few turns we came to a small secluded meadow area.

"Come on." He said as he helped me off the bike.

After a few moments, I saw a small picnic basket and blanket set out onto the grass.

"So this is where you ran off to?" I asked him. "Yeah." He said and laughed, nervously.

I said on the blanket and crossed my legs as he got out items to make sandwiches and a couple of water bottles.

"I love this, Marley." I said softly, unable to find the right words to describe the whole thing.

He looked at me with a gentle look in his eyes.

"I'm glad. I've never done anything like this before so I was a little nervous. Still am." He replied. "Why?" I asked.

Marley took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Fuck, this is scary." He said and laughed.

I bit my lip as my heart sped up, wondering what he was thinking.

"Cheyenne, I've been with a lot of women, only wantin' one thing from them."

Fuck..

"Since I've met you, though.. I haven't even looked at anyone besides you. I can't get you out of my head. Hell, I even dream about you." Marley said and paused.

My hands began to sweat. Where was he going with this?

"You've seen me at my weakest moment, which no woman has seen, other than my sisters. I know I can put my full trust in you and I've never done that before. You're so different from anyone I've ever met."

He stopped and took my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles.

"I love you, Cheyenne."