Chapter 19 - Madeline

Third day in Hall HQ. Hopefully today is going to be my first normal day. I'm not even a week in LA, but it feels like forever already.

I'm ready with my other power dress. Pink long sleeves blouse with a pretty design on the collar and white skirt just above my knee. I'm wearing my pink stilettos. It's Dior. Meredith bought it for my birthday this year. I let my hair sleek down today.

I go out from the apartment just-in-time Christian Hall comes out from his. "Madeline! Hey, you live here?" he asks with his megawatt smile. He is super handsome, but he doesn't affect me like his cousin does to me. My heart doesn't thump wildly with him.

"Hi Christian. Well, this is not my apartment, if that's what you mean. I stay here temporarily. My apartment is ready next week so I crush at my friend's place." I press the down button for the elevator. "I know you live there, Alfred told me," but I don't tell him that Alfred said that he wishes Christian and Meredith could be together and create a happy family.

"Oh, I see.." he standing next to me. "Hey! Remember when I told you I have a feeling that I will see you more! Look now!" He laughs, showing off his dimples. He is a really cute guy. I understand why women fell on his feet. But I'm more into a man with a hint of dark around him, more like... Ethan Hall. Well, Thomas looks like goody two shoes, though. Ugh... my brain messed up with me.

"So how's my cousin treating you?" He asks again while the elevator door opens. And he holds the door for me.

"Well, he is a good boss," I say while pressing the B button for the basement. "You're going to the parking lot or lobby?"

"Parking lot. And no. I don't mean as a boss. I mean as... um... what should I call him now... a man who honestly said he wants to pursue you?"

My face blushes. "Oh my God! Ethan told you? Seriously?"

"Surprisingly, yes. Actually, the exact word is Christian, do you think love at the first sight exists?" He says, faking Ethan's expression and voice. And I have to laugh at that. "Oh, and he also said I like her a lot. I never felt like this before. What should I do?" And I laugh again. "I thought Ethan is one of the smartest guys I've ever known. Looks like I need to cross his name from that list, eh? What kind of question is that?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

I shake my head, too. This guy is so funny. He uses his acting talent to entertain people.

"By the way," suddenly he's expression is serious. "I think you are a wonderful woman, Madeline. At least better than those women Ethan ever with. But I also know your condition. Not that detail, but I know Hudson is your ex boyfriend." He takes a deep breathe like trying to find the right words.

"You can say it, Christian. It's okay." I smile reassuringly at him.

"It's just Ethan is not as strong as he looks. I don't want you to take him for granted. Not that I think you will. But I just feel the need to tell you. I don't want you to hurt him. So if you are not sure about your heart, please don't accept him as your boyfriend just because he is your boss, or because he showers you with everything. Maybe you can explore it first. Take it slow. But if you are sure with him, then I'll be more than happy to see you two together," he says.

I nod. "He is a lonely man, right?" I say, still smile at him. I know he meant well. He's fair enough when he delivers it. He didn't accuse me, and he gave me advice.

"Yeah. You realize too, eh?" Christian looks relieved. And I nod "I will not deliberately hurt him Christian. I will be honest with myself and him. But for now, I'm happy to have him as my friend. I think he knows that. I never give him mixed signal."