Chapter 67 - Ethan

December 28th

I drive alone to Julian Town, I need a solitude. Back in China, I was having my nightmare every night. The nightmare is always the same with me siting alone in the hospital; the doctor tells me my dad is dead, and my mom is dead and my granddad. I woke up with the sweat all over my body. But the worst part is, Madeline wasn't there. I still remember the first time I had the nightmare when she was in my bed...

"Ethan!" she woke me up and turned on the lamp. "Ethan, are you okay?" she looked worried.

I was still catching my breath, but my eyes focused on her. I sat down and drank the water she gave to me.

"You were having a nightmare." She caressed me with her soft hand.

"The nightmare always came around this time of the year, Sweetness. I'm okay." I put the drink away and wiped the sweat from my face. "Go back to sleep. I'm going to work." I was ready to go, but she held my hand.

"It's 3am, come back," she said softly and hugged me from behind. "You need your sleep. It's just a dream, Ethan."

I said nothing. She was right. I had a lot of work in the morning that needs my attention. I needed my sleep. But how can I sleep when I just had a nightmare about my parents' death? I was afraid that if I closed my eyes, the nightmare would come back to me.

As if she could sense it, she moved to kneel in front of me with her naked body. "Use me," she whispered, her hands wrapped around both of my hands. "Lose yourself in me, I will be your dreamcatcher." She smiled and kissed me from my hands, my arms, my shoulder, my neck and my mouth. She pushed me to the bed and mounted me. Continued to kiss my neck to my chest, licked to my nipples and my stomach, and went down to my cock. She kissed and sucked it, pushed her hair away from her face. Her eyes kept on me all the time. She knew I loved to watch when she did this. I growled and pulled her up to me, and turned us so she was under me.

"You like that, baby?" I said huskily. My hand moved to her pussy. It was dripping wet. "You like to eat my cock, aren't you Sweetness?" I whisper huskily.

She smiled and kissed me. "I love it so much," she chuckled softly. I kissed her thoroughly, lost myself in her. Worshipped her body, touched her everywhere.

She is so perfect. It's like she always knows what I need the most.

I thrusted inside her and she moaned my name. I sucked her nipple. Somehow, her nipples were getting sensitive these days. I could take her to orgasm even faster when I sucked it. Not that I take too long to give her orgasm. I memorized every inch of her body more than my own.

I kept thrusting into her. She was close to her orgasm. Suddenly she touched where our bodies linked and brought her finger to her mouth and licked it. "I love our taste."

Fuck! I lost all my control. I came so hard inside her. I bit her nipple, and she came too. She screamed my name beautifully.

After we came back, she smiled at me. "Are you ready to sleep now?"

I smiled and kissed her. "Yes, my dreamcatcher." And I hugged her warm body until sleep claimed both of us. No more nightmare.

***

I walk alone in the cemetery. Today's weather is very windy. This is The Hall's private cemetery. I walk to my parents and sit near them. "Hi Mom, Dad" I exhale. I look at a fresh bouquet next to my father's gravestone. Maybe grandma came here earlier.

I take out my phone and remember it's broken. I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket. My business partner took me to the strip club (what can I say, he is a 50-year-old widower, needs a woman's touch), so I just sat on the sofa while he chose his target. I didn't see when a drunken guy walked towards our table and stumbled. Fell down right on my phone. Cracked the phone.

My business partner was offering to buy me the new one, but I refused. Jack helped me with all my gadgets to make sure it's safe. So here I am back in LA, without my phone. I already asked my pilot to tell Madeline that I'm coming back home today.

I take out a picture of me and Madeline from my wallet and show it to my parents. "Mom, Dad... I have a girlfriend. Her name is Madeline Parker. She is an amazing woman. I'm sure if both of you were still alive, you will love her like I do. And guess what? She is also my assistant. It's like Madeline and I remake the story of both of you."

I sigh. "But now our relationship is on the rough road right now. I was so angry that she planned to celebrate my birthday. In my defense, she should have known that I don't celebrate today. But now I couldn't help but think I should give her a time to explain to me. These past few days, I texted her so she wouldn't worry about me. I let myself drown with my works, not to mention the jet lag, Dad. It sucks. I know now why you hate to travel around the world. It made you hard to contact mom, right?" I chuckle, remembering Dad told me about it when he just came back from his business trip.

"Madeline tried to explain to me, but I refused. I don't think I want to hear it from the message or phone. We need to meet face to face. And I need to say sorry to her as well for walked out from her on that lunch."

I take out the box from my pocket. "Mom, Grandma gave me this ring. The Hall heirloom. She gave it to me when I visited her with Madeline. She told me she was having a dream about you. You walked in the garden with me, took off the ring and gave it to me. I'm planning to propose to Madeline, Mom. After we clear up our problem, of course. Wish me luck Mom, Dad." I smile a bit and the wind blows so strong that makes the bouquet from Grandma falls to the side. There is a paper under it. I take the paper. No, it's not a paper but a photo of... me and a little girl. My old crush! Who put it here?

I flip the photo and see familiar handwriting behind the picture... It's Madeline's handwriting

Hi Ethan...

If you found this picture, it means your parents help me hold this letter until you come. Send my thank you to them.

Did you know the girl from the picture? Your first crush... That's me when I was 5 years old. My mom had this picture all this time. I confirmed it to Helen and Jack, and they said they realized who am I all this time.

The first time I ate the soup you've made for me, I felt like I ate this before. It was because Amanda Hall made it for me when I was a kid. My mom and your mom were best friends back then.

Did you remember when I was 5, you took me to climb a tree? Turned out I was so scared and didn't want to climb down. You asked me to jump. You said you will catch me, asked me to trust in you. And I did. I jumped, and you caught me. Both of us fell to the ground, and we laughed. Your aunt saw it and she was so mad at you. I cried because I don't want her to punish you. She was so panicked when I cried and promised me she wouldn't punish you.

I trusted you when I was 5. I still have that trust in you when we met again. Maybe that made me didn't resist the first time you made love to me. God knows, I didn't even ask you to stop once you kissed me that night. And that trust is also the one that made me stand up for you at the nightmare meeting.

Little that I know, I already trust you with my life since I was 5, and I will always have trust in you, Ethan.

I realize you always think that your father's accident is your fault.

But I want you to know. People choose their own path. Your father chose to come to you for your birthday, because he loves you. Every father in the world, who has chances to spend his son's birthday, will do the same. It's not your fault that your father went that night. It's not your fault when the drunken man crashed the car that night. It's not your fault that the doctor couldn't save his life that night.

But it will be your fault if you couldn't make him proud of you. Every dad wants his son to be happy. Be happy Ethan. Make your father proud of you. Let it go, Ethan... all the past, all the regrets. You can't live with punishment in your life. Your dad wouldn't want you to live like that.

I love you, Ethan.

Happy birthday.

Love,

Your Sweetness.