Chapter 3

Seth's Pov

I wanted him to show me what he was capable of. I'm not one to judge right off the bat. Besides, what I seen that day could have been a misunderstanding- yeah, no.

But I'll let him do all the explaining.

I was waiting for him at the lunch table after insuring he went through the lunch line.

He doesn't eat because he didn't pay for school lunch apparently.

And~ I might have paid for his lunch for the rest of the year- so what?
That doesn't mean anything!

"I-I never eaten school lunch before!"

His eyes gleamed a childish glint. I huffed. "Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything great."

"Mhmm!" He closed his eyes as he ate with pleasure. It was like, it was like he never ate food before!

"I've only eaten ramen noodles every day. I've never had pizza before!"

I didn't say anything.

Jake and I aren't on talking terms. In fact, he's glancing at me right now across the cafeteria with a pout.

Ah, when will he learn?
Which brings me back to my point~

"Listen, I'll protect in exchange, you tell me about yourself.

Deal?"

I watched as he looked up at me with wide doe eyes. Gosh, he's cute.

What the fuck, Seth!?

"Wha-what do you mean?" He stopped eating and looked down. "Exactly as I said. In exchange for protecting you, I want you to tell me about yourself."

I picked up my fork and stabbed a sliced potato. "Sounds pretty simple to me,"

I stated while eating the potato. "But..why!?"

"You really wanna waste time on minor details?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I can't accept a deal without knowing the reason or terms!" He complained. "Hmm, know from experience?" I watched his face closely.

He looked up at me finally with a shocked expression.
"That's not fair."

"Life isn't fair."

He looked as if he wanted to say something but refrained.

"Deal." Alright!

~*~

I walked him to the parking lot where we would part ways. Well, that was the plan but my mouth moved on its own.

"Hey, want a lift home?" He froze. "N-no thank you! I have to get going- bye!"

What the- "Hey wait! You dropped this!"

I bent down to pick up...cat ears!?

cat ears!?