🍀CHAPTER NINE

The story is a short story, so, it will only focus on the relationship development between Atharv and Advika, and will be not too detailed about all post-wedding ceremonies.

Adi excitedly seated Adivika in his chair and jumped into her lap. She thanked the helper nodding, who serve them breakfast. Then she fed the excited Adi his favorite paratha. A lone tear escaped from her eyes when Adi passes her heartwarming grin after eating his first bite, she quickly hides her face behind her veil while wiping her tears but it didn't go unnoticed by Atharv and Bade Thakur.

After breakfast halwa was served to everyone, Bade Thakurain said. " Your food was good but only the sugar in the halwa was slightly less."

Everyone ignore Bade Thakurain ranting and Bade Thakur got up from his chair and went near Advika, placing his hand on her head and patting her he said " Both breakfast and halwa were excellent."

Then nodding his head he called one of the helpers, and from his pocket, he pulled out a bundle of notes, after rotating it over Advika's head and giving it to the helper, he said, " Goddess Laxmi has come to our house, distribute it to our people." Without giving another glance to anyone, he left the dining area.

Advika's had never been treated with love by her father, the fatherly love Bade Thakur was showing her was very new to her, she thought "what happened if her husband is not accepting her??? Now she had a father and her son, " and for that, she was thankful to God.

The post-marriage ceremony was going on, Adi did not leave her side in the entire ceremony, he was glued to her in the entire time. Muh Dikhayi ceremony was going to start but Adi was trying to peek through the veil of Advika's, he was searching for his mother.

Atharva who was passing through the hall stopped seeing the little stunt Adi was pulling at the ceremony. When the veil of Advika was lifted by an elderly woman, his breath got stuck in his throat, he was frozen in his place with opened mouth and wide eyes. Advika was looking like a goddess in her red Chunar (scarf)decorated on her head, the kohl in her eyes made her eyes look big and beautiful, her tinted cheek matching with her Lal-Joda (red dress) did something to his heart. He was angry on the wedding day that's why he missed to see this beauty. He placed his hand on his chest, when he came to realize his heart was pounding loudly and wildly. There was a little smile present on her red lips, which never appear in the presence of his.

When someone placed a hand on his shoulder, he got scared like someone caught him stealing something. Then a familiar voice said

" When you were a child, one time you and your brother liked the same toy, but he was younger than you. So, you had to give him that toy. You cried all night that day. That day I thought I had given him your place, how can I give someone your place when You were the one who came first in my life. I still regret that day. I am sorry beta (son)" Bade Thakur said sighing.

" Papa, you don't have to be sorry, I love Kartik and I know you love him as much as you love me. And it doesn't mean that if the second person comes into your life, you won't love the first one. With the arrival of Karthik, one member of our family increased, it's not like I was replaced. And don't tease me about that incident, that time I was a child."

Bade Thakur was looking at him with a strange expression, Atharva did not understand, when he was going to ask his father again, Bade Thakur replied

" You are still a child Atharv, If you had grown up, you would not have been still acting like a child." And with that Bade Thakur left him, Atharv was rooted in his place, confused about what his father was implying. Then suddenly his word started playing in his mind.

With angry steps, he followed his father.

" Papa, t-that was about family, our family," Atharv explained.

Listening to his stubborn son, Bade Thakur turned around arching his one eyebrow. " Well, she is also family beta (son), the moment when you married her, her name was attached to you and this family. Agar aap kisi chiz ko thukrane ki vajah dhundhne niklenge to apko bhut vajah milengi, lekin kisi ko apnane ke liye sift ek vajah kafi hoti hai beta jee. ( If you find a reason to reject something, you will find many reasons, but only one reason is enough to accept that something, son)

Marzi apki hai ki apka dil kaun si vajah dhudh raha hai??? ( It's about your choice, about what your heart wants?)" Patting his shoulder Bade Thakur turns around to take his leave but stop and said

" Pta hai beta, jab maine vo khilauna aapke chhote bhai ko diya tha us time aapke chehre par ek expression tha, vahi same expression aj humne apke chehare par fir se dekha tha, us time wajah thi vo khilauna jo apko chahiye thi magar aapko mili nahi or is time..... vo apki hai lekin apko manna nahi hai.

( You know Atharva, when I gave that toy to your younger brother, you had a strange expression on your face that time. Today I saw the same expression again on your face, the only difference is that you wanted that toy which could not be your that time and that..... is yours but you don't want to accept it.)

Do you know what that expression was??? That was the expression of desire or want to have the thing, which you had in front of you. At least don't lie to yourself beta jee (son)." And with that, he left him again.