🍁CHAPTER SEVEN

It was two weeks since they got married. She joined her work for the first time after their marriage. She never wanted to resign from her favorite work but she has to shift with her as*hole-rude-jerk but the hot-handsome-mouthwatering husband. And like Dhruv was the lucky charm she got a good news. Dhriti was so excited to reach home and share very good news to tell everyone. She knew he didn't give sh*t about her but still, she wanted to tell him. The sound of the familiar ringtone demanded her attention.

"Ha ab beti ne shadi kar li to maa ko bhul gyi (Now, the daughter has got married. So, she has forgotten her mother)" A very emotional mother said dramatically.

"Ma!!!???" Dhriti pleads. But her mother being a typical mother.

"What ma!!! you didn't even call us. At least come home, then after some time you will go far away." She said sobbing well fake sobbing. Rolling her eyes at her mother's drama she scoffed.

"Aap hi log chahte the mai pdh likh kar job karu. Apko bhi pta hai mai shadi se phle bhi itni hi busy rahti thi. And guess what!!! I have very good news (You guys wanted me to study hard and work and you also know that I was equally busy before marriage as I am now. And guess what!!! I have very good news.)" Dhriti chirped excitedly.

"Kya mai itti jalsi nani ban gayi!!! Bhale mai itni padhi likhi nahi hu. Mujhe nahi pta jyada kab kitna kya hota hai. Lekin tum dono ne kuch jyada hi jaldi nahi kar liya.( What!!! I am going to be a grandmother. That was very fast. Even though I am not much educated? I don't know how, but don't you think it is very fast and early?)" Her mother exclaimed shocking the hell out of Dhriti.

"Maa!!! I am not pregnant." Dhriti shouted then looking around passed an apologetic nod to people around her.

"Lo to kahe ka good news? ( So, what's there to call good news?)" Her mother replied.

"Maa!!! Shadi ko thik se do saptah bhi nahi hue hai mere. Mai bhi kinse bahas kar rahi hu. Adhe ghante me ghr ati hu. (Mom!!! I have not even been married for two weeks. Who am I even arguing with? I will reach home in half an hour)" Dhriti replied.

"Are hamare jamane me to...- (In our time...-)" But Dhriti hung up.

.

When Dhriti reached her mayka, everyone was eagerly waiting for her except her father. She touched her elder's feet and jumped on her favorite couch.

"Shadi ho gayi hai ab teri, bachkani harkat chhod de. ( You are married now, at least behave like an adult)." Her dadi scolded her.

"Aw mera bacha... Now tell us what was the good news?" Her mother ignored her dadi and passing her a glass of water, lovingly patted her daughter's head.

"Yad hai Rathore Sir, Are baba jinke under mai kam karti hu. Uhne international symposium ke liye offer aya hai. Vha ja ke presentaion dena hai. Or unhone mujhe or Swati to as a assistance chuna hai. (Do you remember Rathore sir? The same guy under whom I work. He has got an offer to present his work at the International Symposium. And the interesting part is... I and Swati are going to assist him)" She informed them excitedly.

"Bhala ye kahe ka good news hai? badi mushkil se tera Byaah hua hai. Ghar bar me thoda dhyan de. Kya in befijul bato me lagi padi hai. (What is there good in this news. After so much difficulty you got married. Pay attention to your married life. Don't get engaged in these trivial matters.)" Her Dadi scoffed and standing up from her chair, leaves the living room while shaking her head in disappointment.

"Di lekin vo programme to videsh me hoga na? ( But sis that program will be held on abroad?" Her younger sibling asked her.

"Are beta tab tak to tu apne sasural chali jaegi. Meri bat dhyan se sun, achin bat hai ye sab lekin pahale apne sasural walo se puch le or agar mana kare to chup chap man jana. Nayi nayi shadi hui hai beta teri. In sabka kya hai? Ye sab to ata jata rhega. ( What but till then you will leave with your in-laws. Listen to me carefully, it is all right but first ask your in-laws and if they don't want you to attend that program, then without making fuse accept it. And you will get another opportunity" Her mother said softly.

"Are meri beti ne itni mehnat ki hai, aise kaise jane de. ( What!!! my daughter has worked so hard, how will I let it go" Her father who just reached home said.

"Baba!!!" Dhriti jumped off from the couch and hugged her father wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I will talk to your in-laws. Now you can message your husband and tell him you will eat dinner with us." saying her father kissed her forehead. She mentally scoffed " As he will give sh*t about me" but with a tight smile she messaged him as his father was with her.

"Will have dinner in my mayka." She knew she was being overdramatic, messaging her husband but in reply she got.

"Whatever."

It was late in the night, after dinner, all family were engaged in gossips that they didn't notice about time. Biding bye to everyone she drove towards her new home. She was hell tired and hoping that today without making a fuss, Dhruv will allow her to sleep peacefully.

"Kaha thi itni rat gaye, kisi ko kuch bataya bhi nayi. Kam se kam apne pati ko bata diya hota. Rang dikhana abhi se shuru kar diya. Hume kya pta, pahale bhi rang badlti rahi hogi. Kale rang me pta nahi chala. ( Where were you? You didn't think of informing anyone? At least you should have told Dhruv. Now you have started showing your true colors. Oops, maybe we didn't see those colors because of your dark complexion.)" Her Chachi mocked her.

"J-jee chachi vo job, t-then ghar. ( A-Aunt that job and t-then home.)" Dhriti stammered with glossed eyes.

"Did you resigned or not?" She asked with an arched brow.

"Uski koi jarurat nahi hai. ( That will be not required.)" Dhruv announced.