🍀CHAPTER ELEVEN

This chapter is dedicated to @Reticent666 and @UshaSarwade.

Atharva was breathing hard, he was confused himself as if he liked or hated the dream, he just saw. Releasing a big sigh rubbing his face with his both palm, he looked around, the sky was turning darker. Adi was sleeping beside him.

After they reached her room, he cleared his thought and rubbing his neck said

" I don't want to disappoint your mother, we will leave for home as soon as in the dawn. I will call and ask for the clothes from home." Saying he left to call his father. After so much argument with his father, he entered their room. Huh their room??? Adi was sleeping peacefully in the bed and Advika was nowhere to be seen. After freshening up he was lying beside the Adi thinking about everything that happened in the past four months, he didn't realize when sleep overcome him.

" Are uth gye app??? (Ohh you woke up???)" Hearing this, he swung his head so fast that seeing him Advika thought he has broken his neck.

Advika was standing before the same mirror drying her hair with the same towel and... was wearing the same damn sari.

" Aap thik to hai??? (Are you ok???) Your face is red." She asked with concern.

"I-I ready. Uhmm I am going to get ready, yeah." He said without looking at her and tripping over blanket he hurried towards the bathroom.

Advika who thought he was tired didn't notice Atharva's red-tinted ears.

Atharva was staring at his reflection on the mirror, his face was so hot from the embarrassment. He washed his face with water, thinking the coolness of the water will calm his mind.

Advika was selecting Adi's clothes for function, and then he woke up from his sleep. Adi was sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes he said " Maa?"

" Aap bhi uth gye, hum apke liye kapde nikal rahe the, chaliye aap btaiye kaun sa kapda pahnenge aap?? ( Oh, you wake up, I was just selecting your clothes for the function, now you will tell me which one to choose.)" Saying she wipes his drool and dropping a kiss in his cheek, carried him towards where the dresses were.

After overthinking so much in the shower, he opened the bathroom door. Adi was giggling to something Advika was saying while holding two dresses in her hands.

" This one or this one, well my son will look handsome in all dresses, just like your father." Advika was unaware of Atharva's presence, she was rambling about the hotness of Atharva to their son

Atharva who was listening to all this felt his whole body was hot and red, he was frozen in his place with a wide mouth and soccer like eyes. The scene in front of him was so beautiful, his wife and son were happily chatting and laughing. Adi looked happy and Advika beautiful. This was his little happy family, just like he always thought about. BUT Advika was not...-

" Baba," Adi was standing in the bed stretching his arms towards Atharva. Offering a smile he picked him in his arm, calming his mind in his soothing baby scent.

" I had a little work down in the hall, Adi come, let's get you ready for the party."

" You can go, I will ready him," Atharva said, stealing a secret glance of her neck and nuptial chain. He was cursing himself but he again found his eyes running towards.....-

"Ok, I will meet you both in the hall." Saying she kissed Adi's cheek and left.

Atharva's breath hitched when Advika comes so close to him. When she left he realized he has held his breath, exhaling loudly he thought " That was so close!!!"

At the party, Atharva met Advika's relatives and also some business partners. He was standing in the corner talking to a business associate When he looked at Advika and dozing Adi. She was carrying herself with so much elegance, he was enchanted by her beauty and Adi was doing his job of keeping the men away from his mother. He was proud of his son.

" Kaisi beti hai pta nahi, pita ko gujare ek sal nahi hua or sadi kar li,( What a daughter she is, its been not even a year her father passed away and here she got married)" A group of women were talking about Advika.

" Yeah, she has younger brother and mother. Instead of taking care of them after her father's death. She got married." Another woman said.

Atharva was clenching his fist listening to them badmouthing about Advika, when he saw, teary faced Advika carrying Adi in her arms near them.

"Damn, She sure heard to those people."

Atharva felt a punch in his gut when he sees glossy eyes Advika standing there. Hiding her from the whole world, he wanted to protect her from the whole world. A sense of protectiveness for her filled in him.

She started walking towards her house, hiding her face. His legs took him behind Advika. When he reached near their room, he peeks through the half-shut door. Advika was talking to sleeping Adi,

" You know bachha, in my life you are the only one after my mother who has accepted me wholeheartedly. I missed her. I know you also miss her, I also know the pain of losing mother, That's why I will give you so much love as much as I can, won't let you feel her absence. Your father thinks I want to replace her but I just want a little space in the life of both of you. I don't know about everything else but I will not let you suffer like me." Dropping a kiss in his forehead, she entered the bathroom.

Atharva wanted to destroy everything who hurt her, reality struck him. The person who was hurting her the most was himself, disappointed to himself he left. He needed time to think and cool off his mind.

When he returned to the room, Adi and Advika were sleeping hugging each other. They looked perfect, seeing them his eyes glossed. After freshening up he lay down thinking about everything.