8: The Lie

Chapter 8: The Lie (Izza's POV)

The lie that everyone was told was partly true. That Alpha Devon had found his mate at the claiming and kept her locked up. Then six months later, he had found her giving birth to the twin boys that are the heirs to the pack. The lie starts there, with the fact that his mate died during childbirth. He and his wolf both managed to survive because he had never marked her. Since he now had two newborn pups to raise, Kelly suggested her sister, that lost her mate in a rogue attack, as someone to nanny the boys. That would be me. It explains where I came from and since Kelly was still new to the pack not many knew her family history. In case anyone found my real name from The Claiming, they decided to call me Nikki after my real middle name. I was glad, I like Nikki much better than Izza, which is weirdly what the Alpha had been calling me.

With the lie in place, I was able to raise the boys. Go about town to run errands and as time went on, I even started helping out part-time at the Pack clinic. Doctor Gabe knows my real story, so there were no issues with my name change there. It's now been almost three years since I got here. The boys are about two and a half years old. My twenty-first birthday is approaching next week, and I'm trying to find the courage to ask Alpha Devon if I can go out to a bar with my friends from the clinic.

This will be interesting, because even though I have the freedom to do what I need to for the boys and the clinic, Devon doesn't let me go around parties, clubs, and bars. All I want is a night with my co-workers to have a few drinks and dance with my girls. He is allowed to fuck anything that walks on the island, but I'm not even allowed to go to places where there is a possibility that another man would look at me. Thankfully the clinic caters mainly to the Elders and pregnant women since werewolves seldom get sick. Accidents do happen from time to time where Pack members need the clinic, so I do get hit on every now and then.

The Pack guys all think the nanny/nurse thing is hot. A woman that can take care of you and your kids is apparently a big turn-on to most men. If only they knew I could cook too. Since having the boys, I have more of a womanly shape to my body. Still thin, but with curvier hips and butt. I wear scrubs when I'm outside of the house to hide what's beneath, but that doesn't stop the horny warriors. Devon has deemed me untouchable to the pack with the lie that he doesn't need his nanny distracted. And since my mate died, in a rogue attack after I was marked, I didn't want to disrespect my mate by moving on. Unfortunately, that made it hard for me to let my wolf out because she would have died, but I still managed to get out once a month in a private area Devon had set aside for me.

I got up this morning before everyone else and started breakfast. I decided to go all out, to try to butter up the Alpha. I made sausage, bacon, fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, French toast, and coffee. I set out some juice and started making the boys' plates so that when they got up, it would be cooled, and there would be some left. Jax and Kelly came down first. They stopped when they saw the table, then sat down quickly and started to filled their plates.

"Thank you so much, sis, you are such a better cook than me." Kelly joked. We all knew what we would have to eat if she was cooking and if I never have to eat spam again, I would be so happy. Actually, since I became Nikki, Kelly's pretend sister, we have become really good friends. She knows that I want to go out for my birthday, and she knows that I did this to help get me a yes.

"Yeah, Kell none of us want Spam and barely cooked eggs ever. Morning Jax."

Jax nodded his greeting at me since his mouth was so full of food. I was afraid he may choke. When he swallowed he said, "Thank you. The Alpha has been pushing us hard here lately and I could use all the carbs I can get, just to keep up."

"Oh yeah, something going on?" I asked.

"Nothing to be worried about Nikki, just keeping the Pack in shape," Devon said as he entered the kitchen with his whore from the night before. She stretched on her toes to kiss him goodbye, and I turned away.