18: Surprise

Chapter 18: Surprise (Devon's POV)

A week has passed since we went and spoke to the Elders. I have been working on courting Izza since that time. We have had family time by the pool and took the kids to Kids Fun Zone. We also went out on two dates. The first one was to the beach at night. I brought a blanket and we watched the tide come as we chatted about life. At midnight we shifted to our wolves. Dex was so excited to met Bella. He had a blast chasing her, but she tired easily. She hasn't had our training, so we just enjoyed exploring the beach area together. That night we fell asleep under the stars cuddled up in our fur-clad bodies. Dexter has never been as happy in our life.

I also have participated in my community service. I have spent 2 hours a day time times this week at the Nursery. Izza has joined me each time. She is such a natural mom. I wonder if she can hear my thoughts as I dream about her round and robust with my pup planted deep in her belly. I missed her whole pregnancy with the boys. I know I'm to blame for that but that doesn't mean I can't hope to have a second chance.

Last night we went out to dinner. It was a nice restaurant, and my mate showed up looking good enough to eat. I ordered us a bottle of champagne, but Izza said she did not want alcohol to influence her choices with me. I couldn't argue. The last time she drank things got a little wild between us. I just want her to relax. She has been so tense lately. I know she is worried about taking her title as Luna, so today I have decided that we would go by the Packhouse as a test run.

"Are you sure about this babe?" She asked.

"Of course. The Pack knows the truth, and they want to see their Luna. If it's too much, we will leave. I will protect you. I promise. Okay, love." She nodded back in response. I wrapped my arms around her back and pulled her into me. I kissed her gently before she rested her head on my chest. Today she was dressed in light blue jean jeggings and a long white flowy top with a few large blue watercolor flowers on the bottom right side. She had lightly did her makeup and pulled her long hair back from her face. As always she looked like an angel, like my angel.

"Let's go," I whispered in her ear after we had stood in our embrace for more than five minutes.

When we made it to the training grounds Jax joined us.

"Hey Izza, I never thought I would see this day, but I am so happy that you are here." Jax leaned forward and gave Izza a welcoming hug. I growled at my Beta but left it at that as Jax backed off. Jax only smiled at my reaction.

"Don't give the others the impression that it is okay to touch what is mine," I growled back. I gripped Izza closer. I don't like her being this close to the unmated males of my pack. I know what it is like to be on the prowl for some pussy, and you don't care who the pussy belongs to. I wish she would have let me fuck her before we left. It would have been like marking my territory, but we are still in the no-sex part of mission mate. I will not miss this part of my plan.

Since we started working on our bond she has rarely been out of my arms. I hate it when I'm away from her, but I still have to be an Alpha. That's why I wanted to bring her with me today. The boys start preschool soon, and I want her to start coming with me more often. I don't like her being home, while I'm here. She wouldn't have to do anything here, but I know she will. I am much calmer when she is around, and that is good for the Pack. I'd be happy taking meetings with her placed firmly in my lap. I can't say that my hands wouldn't be doing their own work while she sat there, and it would definitely make for a very interesting day.

We walked around the training grounds for a while as I showed my Pack Warriors off to her. She gave praise where it should be and constructive criticism, as well. Luke and Rickey were sparing, and Luke dropped his head and got caught up. Before I could say anything, Izza had pointed that out and told him "Never take your eye off of your opponent, because the moment you do, is the moment you will get clawed in the face." We all just stared at her. "My dad was the trainer of my Pack. He was a crass asshole, but he was very good at training Warriors. It was the only thing he was good at." At this, she shrugged and we moved on with pride swelling in my chest.