chapter 10

Isaac POV:

1 month later and Gemma and Harrison were a thing.

Well... almost.

She said she didn't want to 'rush things' but I think she just wanted him to pop the question, not herself.

"Are you going to Daniel's then?" Harrison and I walked onto the field for soccer practise. I had gotten much closer to him now since he was in about 90%  of my classes.

"Eh... I don't know yet." I shrugged, going to stand with our teammates.

He opened his mouth to most likely try to convince me, but Coach beat him to it.

"Alright boys. Our major tournament is coming up soon and we need to win. This means working hard. I need 200% effort with your training, or you're out. We're going to be doing conditioning today." I inwardly groaned at this, conditioning was so hard. "Pair yourselves up except Reid and Jones. You two will work together, we need the captains to be able to work together well." I felt like just sinking into the ground at that.

Zavier and I? Really, was that necessary?

Coach explained the exercises and circuits we were doing, then sent us off to start training.

"Looks like you're stuck with me." Zavier walked over to me, smirking.

"Let's just get this over with." I muttered, starting the exercises.

First we had to run, and I don't know how he did it, but somehow Zavier's big mouth was able to keep talking doing the laps. His voice was driving me insane, he just wouldn't shut up.

"Do you ever stop talking, Jesus?" I groaned, fed up of him mocking me. I guess my mom and him did have a lot in common: they both liked to talk about Zavier.

"I'd say no." He then carried on, only stopping when we had finished the laps to avoid Coach telling him off.

Halfway through the session, Coach gave us a 10 minutes break, so I immediately separated myself from Zavier, and instead went to talk to Harrison.

"Zavier is so annoying, I swear I just wanna punch his mouth to stop him from talking." I complained, then drank some of my water.

Harrison gave me a sympathetic look, he was lucky, I mean he didn't really have 'enemies' but he was paired with Kyle who was a pretty chill guy.

"Why do you guys hate each other so much again?"

I shrugged, not bothered to explain, since that would be a long explanation, and it wasn't really that valid.

"So are you going to the party then?" He brought up the party subject, but to be honest with him, I just wasn't really that in the mood that much.

He must've seen my expression, because he then tried to start convincing me. "Gemma says Daniels parties are good, and this will be my party." I raised an eyebrow at that, this definitely wasn't his first party. "Okay, first OFFICIAL party." He emphasised the 'official', giving me a cheeky smile.

"Okay then, I'll think about it." I concluded, but he had a celebratory smile, even though I hadn't even said yes yet.

"Break's over. Everyone back to their spots." Coach instructed. I reluctantly dragged my feet back to Zavier, not ready to go through the next 45 minutes of torture.

***

45 minutes later, and we had done. Zavier and I were still both alive in one piece which was a good sign.

However, I was exhausted, Coach hadn't been joking about the 200% effort- if he saw anyone even standing for a second, he immediately would tell them off, or even worse, send them off on another lap. It wasn't just me, everyone was breathing heavily, some pouring water over their heads.