chapter 22

Third Person POV:

"I think there's something up with Isaac and Zavier." Harrison spoke out of the blue, speaking more into the air than to Dillon.

Dillon looked up, giving Harrison a weird look, "Okay..."

"Like... sexual tension." Harrison carried on, catching Dillon's attention now. "Sexual what-?" Dillon glanced over to Isaac and Zavier who were currently talking with Coach. They still stood quite far apart, but as Dillon watched closer, he noticed Zavier sneaking side looks at Isaac.

If Harrison had said nothing, he would've thought nothing of it, but now Harrison had pointed it out, it was all he could notice.

Dillon turned back to Harrison with surprise written all over his face. "Why?" Is all Dillon could say.

"I don't know, but I don't like it." Harrison sighed.

"Well then what do we do?"

Harrison raised a brow at him, "We?" As if they were best friends.

"You're not the biggest fan of Zavier, and neither am I of Isaac. So.. we work together." Dillon kept his eyes on Zavier who was now talking to Isaac, Coach gone.

"I'm not going to get in the way of Isaac's friendships just because of my dislike for a person. That's just selfish." Harrison followed Dillon's stare to see Zavier and Isaac coming towards them.

"Just think about it, okay." Dillon got the last sentence in before Isaac came up to Harrison, making him confused about what to do.

"Are you okay?" Isaac focused his attention on Harrison, noticing the worried look on his face.

"Not with you around." Zavier piped up, earning a glare from Dillon who watched unhappily.

"Fuck off." Isaac sneered at him to which Zavier smiled.

"Someone's getting a bit feisty."

Isaac completely forgot about the fact he had just asked Harrison a question, and instead switched his attention to Zavier. "Don't say that."

"Why not?" Zavier stepped closer to him, leaving Dillon behind.

"You know why." Isaac kept his eyes on him, not daring to look away.

Harrison and Dillon shared a look, then both pulled the boys away from each other. "Uh... Ha ha. We don't need another argument." Or a full blown make out, Harrison thought in his head. "The game's starting, let's go." Harrison quickly dragged Isaac away, not giving him a chance to protest.

He put his focus on the game, but he couldn't deny the fact that Dillon's offer remained in the back of his mind.

***

Isaac POV:

Half time, and I was exhausted. This team were playing good, but not as good as us. We were 3-2, and as long as we could stop them from scoring, the finals would be ours.

I headed to the right to get my water, spotting Zavier and Dillon in the direction I was going when I was whisked the other way.

"What are you doing?" I looked at Harrison whose eyes darted behind us.

"We're going to get water... right?"

"Yeah... but my water's down there." I objected, attempting to redirect to my original route.

He looked behind me and gently pushed my back, guiding me forwards. "No, I think your water was this way."

"Bu-" I tried to turn around again, but he stopped abruptly, causing me to also stop.