chapter 13

Zavier POV:

"So you actually got him grounded?" Dillon laughed on the phone, currently facetiming him.

"Basically, yes." I grinned at the thought, he was still mad at me, as expected.

"Is he with you?" I looked up to see Isaac on the other couch, making patterns on the side. His face was so concentrated that it was almost... cute how focused he was on the 'art' he was making.

"Yeah he's right here. His mom told me to babysit him." Isaac instantly stopped tracing patterns and met my gaze, his jaw clenched.

He couldn't hear what Dillon was saying because I had my airpods in but he obviously knew I was talking about him."You want to talk to him?" I offered, keeping my eyes on Isaac's challenging stare.

"Actually I do thanks."

I stood up and tried to give my phone to Isaac but he stared at it like it was a foreign object. "It's a phone Isaac. I know you got yours taken away but phones still exist."

He flipped me off then carried on doing what he was doing before, completely ignoring me.

Well, he asked for this. "Hmm, I'm thinking of calling Mrs Jones. I wonder what she would say about you not following my instructions." I smiled at him, waiting for his response.

"Fuck you Zavier." But he took the phone and I gave him the airpods, hoping he'd be enlightened at this conversation with Dillon.

Isaac barely did any talking, only saying no to nearly everything Dillon was saying, his eyes searching around the room for anything to distract him. His expression suddenly changed, appearing more agitated, his fists clenching as he got up and gave the phone and airpods back to me.

"Take your stupid lover boy back." He then stormed up the stairs like a child having a temper tantrum. I immediately turned my attention back to Dillon who was there with a gloating look. "What did you say to him?" I questioned, and why did he keep calling Dillon my lover boy?

"Oh nothing really." He blatantly lied, purposefully not making eye contact with me. There was definitely more.

"Then why did he get so mad?" I carried on pestering him, him and Isaac had been acting weird lately, and it was kind of getting on my nerves now.

"Zavier I'll call you back, I have to go do some things for my mom but I'll talk to you later."

He definitely was up to something now.

"But-" I never got to finish as he hung up on me. If Dillon wasn't going to tell me, why would Isaac tell me anything? But I was desperate to know what was going on between the two of them and I was willing to take my slim chances with Isaac.

"Isaac." I called out as I headed up to his room but no response. As expected. "Isaac." I called again, this time getting a reply.

"Go away Zavier." His defeated voice came from his room. Ignoring him, I entered his room to see him laying face down on his bed.

Could he even breathe like that?

"It's like I'm talking to myself. Do you ever even listen to what I say?" He lifted his head slightly, his words coming out less muffled.

I shrugged, "Most of the time... no." No point of lying, I thought.

He sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Why are you here then? To torment me more?" He spoke sarcastically.

"You think that low of me?" I fake gasped, feigning surprise. He didn't respond, putting his face down into his bed again.

"What did Dillon say to you?" I sat down on his bed.