𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊. Gather up the Killers

A/N: Eva's outfits for the chapter are above ⬆

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

It had been five years. Five long years since the fall of the Mikaelsons, or what the supernaturals believed it to be and Marcel had taken Klaus Mikaelson captive. It was no picnic but Evangeline being present with Hayley every day of those years did help with the pain. She had kept quite a lot of albums for Hope, her pictures in pretty much all of her first moments to show them to Klaus as soon as they free him so it would be as if he missed nothing.

And the stories; well, Evangeline was a master at morphing the Mikaelsons stories to be child-safe ones before she told them all to Hope, making Hope feel as though she had been with her family through all of these moments. One word she kept highlighted in front of Hope whenever she talked about Klaus that he may not be here but he wishes he could and that there is no one he would fight for more than her; his only daughter and princess.

She always told Hope that the young girl was the best part about Klaus Mikaelson, his legacy.

"Is that Auntie Ev or Grandma Mary?" Hope asked, looking up from her drawing at her mother who stood by the door, looked at the window.

"Let me check," Hayley glanced outside before turning to Hope, "Stay inside," She finished before making her way outside to find Evangeline pulling over and getting out of her car with a whole lot of bags in both of her hands as she closed the car door with her elbow.

"Where's my favorite girl at?" The redhead asked, huffing a strand of hair away from her face as she strolled over to Hayley, "I got her a few things. Don't worry, nothing too overboard."

Hayley raised an eyebrow before shaking her head, "The way you spoil her to no ends."

"Well, she is my little princess...How could you expect less?" Evangeline shrugged, a small smirk tugging on her lips before she pushed past Hayley and through the door, "Hope! I am back!"

"Auntie Ev!" Hope ran up to the redhead as the elder of the two put down her bags and lifted her in her arms, "I missed you!"

"Oh, I missed you more, sweetheart," Evangeline smiled, pecking the young girl's cheek before putting her back on the ground, "I got you a new set of paint and our personal favourite..."

She paused as Hope's eyes perked up, "...Blue!"

"Blue! And lots of sweets but don't eat too many. okay? Don't wanna ruin your teeth, honey," She said, opening up one of the bags to give Hope a chocolate bar. Hope giggled, moving her hand to pick it up before Evangeline shook her head, "Not so fast, what's missing?"