Chapter 67 ~ "Tonight's girls night"

Sasha

"So if we fill this out.....there! You've officially applied for your try-out!" Kate says finishing the finial line of the forms and I smile watching her email a copy of it to herself. "In a few months time you'll be that much closer to skating in the Olympics."

"Oh my god." I say shaking my head. 

"It's seriously surreal huh?" She asks and I nod, feeling a smile pushing up onto my face. "Watch your ACL till then." She teases and I sigh, trying to avoid laughing. "Sash, you can laugh. It was a joke."

"I just figured....you know it was probably pretty upsetting." I say and she shrugs.

"It was." She confirms. "I felt like I didn't know who I was anymore, but we have to be able to look back on the challenges life throws at us and laugh at ourselves. I found my new passion, coaching you." She says and I smile, leaning over to give her a hug.

"Thanks Kate." I say quietly and she nods, giving my forearms a squeeze.

"I'm so proud of you." She says and I smile a bit. "Anyway, enough with the sappy stuff. How were your first two weeks back at school?"

"They were alright, thank god it's Friday." I sigh and she laughs.

"What, is that Sabrina bitch still bothering you?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No actually, the school suspended her until she's dealt with through the police." I say nonchalantly and Kate nearly chokes on her coffee.

"What?" She asks and I laugh a bit and nod.

"Yeah, my parents....they got the police and an attorney involved. She's in a lot of trouble, apparently she and her shitty partner-in-crime Jake have to make a formal apology." I sigh. "I don't even want one though, I literally couldn't care less because I know it isn't sincere."

"Look, from what Nate said about that girl, she doesn't seem like the type that lets anyone tell her what to do. The fact that your school is really angry with her for this should be a good sign." She reminds me and I nod, seeing how she might be right. "So if it's not her, why the excitement over the weekend?"

"Life's just busy." I tell her. "When people found out about the skating and the Sabrina thing, on top of dating Nate....well let's just say I've made some new friends."

"Oh you're too popular huh?" She asks in a teasing voice. "That must be awful-"

"Ha-ha." I say cutting her off. "And I'm not upset about it, everything's just go-go-go. I love having these new friends and I like that I'm not sitting at home on Friday nights anymore."

"Well that's great Sash." She says and I nod. "Just....don't lose the great friends you have already."

"I won't." I tell her shaking my head. "Irene hangs out with us most of the time, other than her I wasn't really that close with any other girls." I assure her and she smiles. "Kate that's the last thing I'd do to anybody, I know how bad it hurts to get left behind by your friends." 

"I guess so." She says and I smile. "So any plans for tonight?"

"Yeah there's a sleepover tonight at Mel's, there's only a few of us going. It's to comfort Irene over the break-up."

"There's nothing like men to bring girls together huh? Especially new love or break-ups, trust me it's a serious bonding thing." She assures me and I laugh.

"Well I'm looking forward to it." I tell her and she nods. 

"So how's Nate?" She asks and I feel my cheeks flush.