Want You

Ryder

"I just love seeing your reactions" Scott chuckled bitterly.

"Are you messing with us?" I asked.

"I am totally serious"

How could she do this? I thought she was a nice girl and I trusted her with Amara. I trusted her with my life. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to Amara.

I looked at Gordon. He seemed crushed. He was staring at the ground with disappointment written all over his face.

"Do you have her?" I asked feeling defeated.

"No, not yet. I don't need to capture her, Ryder. She already hates your guts right now. I would say I feel bad for you, but oh well.."

"Why does she hate me?" I asked trying to keep my voice steady.

Why do you hate me so much? Why can't I ever get you to feel anything other than hate for me?

"She doesn't just hate you. You're always making it about you" He said, "She hates both of you"

"Why?" Gordon asked.

He must feel pretty bad right now. He wanted to be a good brother for once.

"She found out who you really are. Did you think you'd be able to keep her in the dark forever? You should have told her from the start"

I was angry. I was angry at myself because what he was saying was right and yet he was supposed to be the bad guy. Maybe I was the bad guy. Maybe they were saving her from us. Maybe I should have let her marry Jason.

No. No way I would be able to accept that.

"I'm sorry-"

He was interrupted by someone barging into the room.

"Dad, Amara-" He trailed off once he saw us. My heart started beating loudly at the mention of her name.

Jason.

I hated this guy with every fiber in my body. Maybe it was the fact that this was all his fault, or maybe I was just jealous that he almost married her.

"Who are these people?" He asked.

He was scared. He had escaped all the havoc outside only to be trapped in a room full of us.

"Don't worry, what were you about to say?" Scott asked him with a stupid grin.

"Amara is here" He said.

I didn't know if I felt relieved or even more panicked.

"I know"

"Why is she here?" He asked confused, "What's happening?"

The boy looked completely clueless. I almost felt bad for him.

"Go to your room. We'll talk about it later" Scott ordered him.

"But dad-"

"I said go to your room" He said harshly.

Jason lowered his head and let out a quiet 'okay' before leaving the room. He seemed intimidated.

"What do you want to leave her alone?" I asked desperate, "Do you want fame? Financial help? Men? I'll give all of that to you. I'll even find a good bride for your son, just please let her go" I pleaded.

I'd never done that again in my life with an "enemy". I always tried negotiating and I was the one with the advantage. I could still kill him right on the spot, but that would probably end up badly.