When I Wake Up

Amara

I hope Ryder will be here when I wake up.

I didn't actually think this would happen when I said that in my mind. I mean I had in mind that Ryder could come while I was sleeping, but I was sure I would wake up from all the chaos.

However, when I woke up I was back to Ryder's house, in his bed. I was convinced this was a dream. I sat up and looked around to see Ryder near the window. He turned around at the sound of the sheets moving around and I was terrified for him.

"What happened to your face!?" I asked.

"Out of all the things you could have said.." He sighed burying his hand in his hair.

He had a scratch near his eye and several bruises on his face. Not to mention his busted lip.

"Ryder, what happened? How did we get here? I-"

He smiled at me gently and took a few steps towards the bed where I was sat.

"You don't have to worry about that now. It's all been taken care of"

"No, I want to know" I said firmly.

"You don't have to" He frowned and slowly lowered himself on the bed too and sat in front of me, his face really close to mine.

I only noticed his knuckles when he raised his hand to rest it on my cheek. They had fresh scratches even though there wasn't a lot of blood. Looks like he cleaned it.

I could feel his cold rings against my cheek as he brushed my lip with his thumb.

"I missed you" He said.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around his big form finally hugging him after so many days. We stayed hugging like that for a good few minutes.

He pulled away with his arms still around me and smiled at me. I flinched as I saw the scratches on his lips stretching and blood dripping from them.

"Ryder, we really need to clean you up a little better" I said and stood up walking towards the bathroom, "And while I clean you up I want you to tell me what happened"

I got the stuff I needed from the bathroom and went back into his room. He was still on the bed just like I left him. He looked exhausted and I also noticed how quiet the house was. Pretty quiet for a house full of people. It hurt to see him like this.

"Sit up" I told him. He slowly turned to me and sat up on the bed, "Now tell me"

"There's nothing to tell you. We went there, things went down and now we're back to normal"

"You're hiding something from me. There is no way it was that easy" I said as I tried to clean him up.

"I'm not hiding anything. It's over"

"Where is everyone else then?" I asked.

He looked down avoiding my gaze. That told me everything I needed to know.

"I-is everyone okay?" I asked.

"Jason isn't doing so well" He said. His voice was hoarse and he frowned as he shook his head.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked starting to feel terrified and accidentally dubbed too hard on his scratch, "Sorry"

"He's-let's just say he's still unconscious, but he'll be okay. I promise"

I let out a deep breath, "What about Mary? And Gordon?"

"They're both okay" He said with a knowing smile. I raised my eyebrow but didn't ask. I was done with his wounds so I put everything back and sat next to him.