Chapter 73

Fwaa~

Stretching out his back with his fingers curled into small fists, Leo was the first to awake in the dim light that falls through the bedroom curtains.

A small child like him often took naps throughout the day, and waking up early came naturally. His wide eyes blink open and shut as he sees his Mama still here, sleeping next to him.

Mama was still here!

She hadn't left!

Giving her a big snuggle by wiggling his body like a worm to get closer to her, he smacks a kiss on her cheek.

The little boy with red morning hair flying everywhere, the one long antenna-like cowlick on his head standing straight up, grins.

So this was what waking up and seeing Mama felt like. Wishing there were more days like this in the future, Leo clutches at his Mama's squire shirt and breathes in her scent.

Counting the buttons on her shirt and playing with them by trying to unbutton them with pudgy fingers, he soon gives up when his fingers are unable to do the job.

Sigh..

And blinks.

Blinks again.

Now that he was awake, he wanted to play!

Leo wiggles his butt and breaks out of his Mama's hold. His pajamas whisper against the soft sheets as he slithers off the edge of bed.

Then like an excited puppy, he settles his chin on the bed and waits for his Mama to wake up. Until he can't wait anymore.

With one pudge finger, and small eyebrows furrowed in concentration, Leo-

Pokes his lovely Mama on the nose.

Poke.

Poke. Poke.

Seeing her scrunch up her nose, giggling, he moves to her cheek.

Poke.

Much better.

But of course, his repeated poking of his mother's face would wake her up.

Mmmmmrm.

Stretching out her body, Sera looks around with squinting eyes for her baby.

"Leo?"

"Gud mwoning Mama!" he beams at her, showing Sera all of his tiny porcelain teeth.

With the same enthusiasm her son gave her, Sera responds in kind.

"Good morning Leo! Did you have a nice sleep" Sera hugs Leo, leaning off the bed and running her fingers through his soft hair.

"Yea! Leo nods his head, making the cowlick wave back and forth. Stretching out his arms, "I slept thiiiiis much becwuz Mama's here!" he widens his arms and tries to show Mama just how how well he slept. But it was hard, when his arms were so short and couldn't show the ginormous amount he wanted.

"Mama slept thiiiiiis much too!" Sera stretches out her arms and copies Leo's gesture. The mother and son duo stare at each other like adorable idiots, falling into a fit of giggles.

Knock-Knock.

Turning to the door, Leo jumps onto the bed, looking guilty. Getting on the floor without his slippers on was a big no-no. Bea would always scold him if he walked around with his bare feet, saying he could hurt himself.

"Gud mwoning Bea!" Hopping on the bed, he waves to Bea.

Behind him, Sera smiles while holding her arms out around Leo to make sure he doesn't accidentally fall off the bed and hurt himself.