Chapter 51

Edward Nygma was frustrated.
He felt that he was completely alone. Normally that didn't phase him, he was a 'proud loner'. He wanted someone to tell him his contraptions were genius and super. He wanted to go around with a partner and screw about the town - intelligently of course.
He was also tired of the lack of daylight down in the sewers. The smell had become normal to him now. He wanted the opposite now, to be up top on a high building. Even better; an empty building that he can fully create into his own fantastic world of contraptions.

He sighed, it echoed in the sewer chamber he was occupying. He pulled his phone from his coat pocket and hit the 3 on speed dial. His quizzical expression bounced up into a smile as soon as the dialling tone stopped.

"Jervis!" he exclaimed, rolling his eyes at the echo in the room. "Where might I find you at this ungodly hour."

"It's 11 in the morning, Nygma," Jervis was speaking clearly, probably somewhere safe from the gas as well. His statement was punctuated with a high fluttery giggle.

Edward looked at his phone screen which read 3am.
"Remind me to never trust technology that isn't built by me again," he huffed. It was more-so a note to himself than to Jervis.

"Hurry hurry my dear friend I'm in the middle of a project," Jervis proceeded to say the address he was at.
What about my mastermind project? Does no one want to see that!
Jonny would like it... and say nice things.
Nygma could only imagine him right now wandering around Gotham watching people amess.
His stomach began to growl. He emitted another echoing sigh.
"Okay, you get one treat okay? Then shush?" He looked down at his stomach as if to scold. From his other pocket that did not house the phone he retrieved a plastic bag of mini cookies and pulled one that looked extra chocolatey and extra crunchy.
He then went to grab his question mark cane, doing an 'old-timey' jig and swinging it over his right shoulder, flinging up his much loved green hat in the process which he caught in his left hand and dropped onto his head in yet another moment of suave that was unseen by all but him.

"Uptown Gotham here I come!"