44 | debt and debts

Castor smiled and he didn't dare stop despite the jeers that came from his idiotic family

Castor smiled and he didn't dare stop despite the jeers that came from his idiotic family. His girlfriend—damn, he couldn't get over that—kept sending him these funny gifs of couples that kiss and hug.

He searched for his own set of cute stickers when the jabs came again.

"Drink boys! This may be the last time we can see our boss!"

He rolled his eyes at PJ's words.

"Cheers! To us becoming second choices!" Vincent grabbed a beer bottle, clinking it with the others.

Fuckin' idiots. Castor stood up and went outside the house. He heard one last jeer of 'Look! He's discarding us now!' before he reached the poolside.

Castor was surprised at his father's presence by the pool bar. He drank alone, his gaze far away. "Dad?"

"Oh, Cas? Why are you here?" Nicholas Luciano pulled a stool for him. "Sit."

"They were too noisy," Castor answered and sat beside him.

"You know that's how they show their love, right?"

Cas scoffed. "And you?"

"I'm..." His emerald eyes shone. "...reminiscing."

Castor had a pretty good idea of what his father had been mulling over. He texted Caly a short explanation. She replied with a good night that made him frown. He ignored it and focused on his dad. "Is this about Franco? I thought you were fine with it?"

"It's not that."

"Then, what?"

"Your mother."

Castor clicked his tongue. He promised never to give a fuck about Celeste Luciano again. But his dad was troubled. "What about her?"

He winced as the bitterness drip from his words.

"Cas..." his father began. "I knew she was pregnant and I married her anyway."

"What? Why?"

"She's my best friend. And she needed help." Nicholas sipped from his glass. "It was a common knowledge that Francisco Castellano lusted after her. But that man knew his limits. He was a businessman first and Celeste was certain he wouldn't cross the line. So she set-up a trap. But she fell on it instead."

Castor felt the world spin. "W-what?"

"Celeste kept blaming herself. She said it was her fault for giving him an opportunity." Nicholas clenched his jaw as his nails dig into the wooden counter. "But she never called herself a victim. She vowed to forget it and that desire got stronger when she realized she was pregnant. She did everything, even marry me, just so her child wouldn't know the truth. So she could shield him from the pain."