Chapter 23: Adopted

A few days later, only possible thanks to the persuasion of Tony, I was finally a Stark. I couldn't stop grinning. I finally had a family who would take care of me. They threw a party, only for us of course and we played board games, watched movies and joked around all night.
"That is not fair!" Clint yelled as he picked up an exploding kitten. Everyone laughed at his misfortune. That was his second on of the game and he was out of defuses. He threw down his card and crossed his arms in front of him, sulking.
"You're welcome for that birdbrain." I shot at him. He gasped.
"That was you? You're gonna get it now you traitor!"
"Well you're out of the game, so I guess that's not happening." I laughed. He smirked and started to tickle me. I burst out laughing.
"No stop! Ah it hurts it hurts!" By the time he stopped I was breathless. "That was low. You better watch your back." He laughed it off, not realizing I was serious and that he would probably wake up with a fake moustache and loser written on his forehead. Nat ended up winning and then we all sat on the couch and watched Tangled for the thousandth time. It was my favourite and no one objected. I sang along to all the songs, knowing them by heart. Peter joined and we were singing our heads off, not very well if you must know. I then whispered in Peter's ear,
"I'll meet you down here at 4am. We need to get Clint." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.  Oh boy. This was going to be good.

I came out of my room as quietly as I could, holding all the supplies I needed. Makeup, glitter and permanent marker. Peter can out a couple seconds after me grinning. We snuck into Clint's room and started to work. In 5 minutes he had a full face of makeup, a fake moustache drawn on, and his hair was covered in glitter. We could barely contain our laughter. Then I had an idea. I whispered it to Peter and he grinned at me and gave me the ok sign. We snuck into Tony, Steve, Sam, Bucky, Loki and Thor's room and gave them makeovers. We ran into my room and laughed as quietly as we could. I struggled to catch my breath.
"This is going to be so good." I whispered.
"Yeah. Now all we have to do is wait." So we sat in my room watching White House Down and hanging out until 7. Then we heard a scream, we looked at each other and came running out into the common room. Only to find Clint rubbing at his face. Steve and Tony came out and shouted,
"What's wrong? Who's hurt?" Ne and Peter almost died. There were three grown men standing with makeup on their faces and glitter in their hair, and they were the Avengers! They all looked at each other and screamed. Nat, Wanda and all of our other victims came running out. Nat immediately looked at us and started to laugh, Wanda too. All of the victims had now figured out what had happened into them and they slowly tuned to us.
"What the heck?" They all shouted. Me and Peter lost it.
"Get it off of me!" Thor yelled.
"What is this sorcery?!" Loki screamed. Nat had caught her breath and grabbed some makeup wipes out of her bathroom. She handed them to our victims and they started to wipe our art off.
"Naaat." I pouted.
"Yeah we were going to have fun with that." Peter complained.
"Sorry kiddos but we have some tours and a press conference today. I don't want to be embarrassed by these babies today." A protest of 'hey!' could be heard from the victims.
"Ok I guess that's a valid reason. They would've looked amazing on television though." I ran out of the room before anyone could rip me apart.