Chapter 46: Battle

Ooh we're getting somewhere now! This is a long chapter, just a little warning. Yes I know, early again. But I cannot wait for you guys to read it. I really hope you're enjoying, and thanks for supporting me! We have 700 reads! Enjoy!
-Abby

I switched into my suit the fastest I could. Then I deployed my wings, and launched myself into the air. I wish I had gotten more time to train, to get used to my suit, but there was no time. I needed to help. And fast. I pulled up the coordinates in the mini gps Tony had added to the gadgets. I was almost there. I could hear the battle before I saw it. Then, what came into my view was scary. It was an old abandoned warehouse, but it was now crumbling, with explosions and bullets everywhere. I flew to the roof, hoping that they wouldn't see me here. There was a window, and I couldn't help but peek through. And sitting, tied up in chairs, was Jake and Iris. They were dirty, blood seeping from cuts, but they were ok. I sighed in relief, but I could hear explosions getting closer. Then, out of the blue, Tony, sorry Iron Man, flew up and landed on the roof, slamming a robot to bits. Shoot. I was done for now.
"Abby?" Uh oh. "I thought I told you, to stay home! It's too dangerous!"
"Abby's here?"
"Wait what?"
"Since when?"
"Abby?" I sighed.
"Yeah I'm here." Tony was about to yell at me again, when Nat interrupted.
"Tony, she could help us. She's trained a lot, and besides these are her friends." He paused. I couldn't see his face through the suit.
"Fine. But be careful." And with that, he jumped into battle. Then two robots jumped onto the roof, slowly inching toward me. I cracked my neck,
"Let's go." I jumped into action, pulling two knives from my now outstretched wings, and sliced through them cleanly. Another swarm came, I sliced, jabbed, kicked, punched, whatever I could do to kill them. But then came a different threat. A person. He couldn't see it, but I smiled. He charged, throwing a kick at me. I sighed and grabbed his foot, throwing him to the ground. I flipped my hood up, and said,
"You're now in our team. Fight for us. Go." With that he was off. "Hey guys." I said into the com. "Don't mind the bad guy fighting the robots, he's fighting for us now." I didn't get to hear their responses as a explosion shook the roof. I jabbed my wings into the roof, trying to stay on. I slipped. Now I was dangling off the ledge, by one hand. A robot peered over the edge, looking down at me. And with no hesitation, stomped on my hand. Nothing happened.
"Seriously dude. I have super strength. You stomping on my hand is not gonna do anything." I swung myself up, thanks to my wings and took it out. Soon almost all the robots were gone, and everyone gathered on the roof.
"Nice job Abby." Nat said. I smirked at Tony.
"Ok now what are we going to do?" He asked.
"Well he had Iris and Jake in the warehouse. I'm assuming the big bad boss guy has some sort of secret weapon to use against us, and a billion robots in there too. I say take out as many as you can secretly, and if they notice, well, just... go crazy." I suggested. They were all looking at me with wide eyes.
"What?"
"That's an amazing plan."
"Thanks."
"Alright everyone you heard the girl, let's go." We split up. Tony, cap and Thor. Nat, me and Loki. Hulk, would just stay and wait till he could smash. We snuck around the back, and started to disassemble the robots. Nobody noticed, until something blew up in the other guys side. I looked over at Nat and Loki. They both looked annoyed.
"Well I guess were in plan B." I said. And we attacked. Hulk came smashing in. Robots were down in two seconds flat, whether it was daggers, feathers, tasers, they were almost all down. We finally made it into the middle room, and what I saw scared me. Then man had a knife to Iris's throat. And the man was...
"Jesse?"
"Hiya there Abby. Having a nice time?" I could hear Jake suck in a breath. Iris right after.
"Why Jesse? What did she do to you?"
"It's not what she did to me, it's what you did to me." He gestured to the Avengers. "3 years ago, I lost my whole family to the aliens. And if you would have been there earlier, you could have saved them. Instead, I was left alone. So when Abby came knocking on my door, I knew I had to take the opportunity. See I knew from the beginning something was up, and when you opened up about your powers, well then I knew how to get to them. See you're their daughter, and to get you, I needed them." He pointed to my friends. My anger was growing by the second, and power was building up. "Now, it's time for revenge. Robots- oof!" I punched him.
"You know what Jesse. My turn. You are sick. Deal with loss. You know what I was out through? Huh? Experiments. Torture. And then I had to hypnotize my own parents to forget me. So you know what Jesse? Shut. Up." I slapped him, and he flew across the room, slamming into a wall. But surprisingly, soldiers rushed into the room, surrounding me. And Jesse got up. He wiped blood from his mouth and chuckled.
"You're a fool. You'll never win. And you'll never get the girl." And the anger exploded.
"SHUT. UP." Everyone froze, but I didn't notice. I stomped up to Jesse and punched him, over and over, until he was unconscious. Then I turned, my eyes blazing, to a soldier, standing frozen.
"You. Go untie them. Now!" I spat out. He snapped to attention, and ran to untie my friends. Somehow my mask had fallen off. I scanned around the room.
"EVERYONE! GO HOME!" Everyone, excluding my friends and the Avengers, rushed out. I collapsed, exhausted. Everyone rushed toward me.
"Abby? Abby are you ok?" Iris was kneeling in front of me.
"Just peachy." I said, my head spinning. My vision was turning black, the sides slowly caving in.
"Hey I think imma take a nap now." Everyone chuckled as I fell unconscious.