Chapter 15

Drake's POV:

"So this... book? A random book was able to help save Armen?" Grayson questions, I didn't tell him it was Dark Magic so he's probably suspicious. 

I nod, "I took extreme care in preparing it. I was afraid to mess it up... so, once I set it up I only then realised I didn't know how to trap him... but I figured something out."

~~~~

With the book scattered on the floor I paced around, unsure as to how to attract that demon. I need to think of something soon, I don't want any bandits or Nightmares to arrive and ruin this... I remember back when we were kids, Armen had this book about Hero... what was the name... Collin? It was a stupid idea but it was the only one I could come up with. I didn't want to keep Armen waiting, I didn't want to keep him in that body any longer. I wanted to help him no matter what... I sucked up the courage and opened my mouth.

"Collin. Collin. Collin. I know you can hear me." I yelled, instantly regretting it.

A sudden chill ran down my elongated spine as a dark aura comes closer. I frantically look around. Behind me. I glare at my friend's body, his white eyes glare back at me in frustration. His skin was tattered, burnt and dried skin was cracked and falling off. His clothes were also in a similar state, it all made Armen's death more apparent to me... but I didn't fold. I held out my hand and start chanting, this catches him off guard as a lilac beam of light shoots up. His shock last barely a second as he tries to exit, but he's only met with buzz and retracted his hand with wonder. 

He stands still, looking around at the floor, reading the enchantment. Is he scared? No. He's calm. He's patient. Plotting and planning. I try my best to ignore him as I throw the weapon into the light and watch it evaporate instantly. No second chances. My mana was depleting quickly as I continued chanting, the words seem to fade into the background when I spot him smiling. Just smiling. His eyes seemed to go straight through my soul as I start to stutter. No. I need to focus. I can't mess this up! I keep on chanting. Soon enough, a magenta smoke surrounds him as he clutches his head. It's working. I'm finally getting there! My heart raced as my voice began to waver. I was loosing mana too quickly, at this point I would be going into my life force. I didn't care. I needed to do this.

Within the barrier the smoke just went round and round, separating Hero from my brother. I only needed to do a bit more then it'll be complete... with every second  I can feel my energy draining as I force my body to keep awake, I knew Dark magic was draining but it was only then that I realised how quickly it dissipated. But my health didn't concern me at the time, instead I carried on... until...

"STOP IT!"

The cry booms out of the smoke. That doesn't sound like Herobrine... is it- no. He's just using his voice to trick me. I shouldn't-

"GOD DAMN IT DRAKE! YOU'RE JUST GIVING HIM WHAT HE WANTS!"

The cry echoed louder than before, his voice sounded raspy at the end, sadness in his tone. I couldn't believe it was Armen, it puzzled me as to why would he want me to stop. Why would he-

In the midst of the sudden noise I stop chanting, my mind went blank and I broke the spell.  All energy drained and mana gone, I fell to my knees as the world spins. The spinning smoke disappears and in the haze of my eyes I could see see him, Armen's eyes were wide in shock, colour seemingly coming back to them whilst blurs of white try to fight it. Tears fall down his face as he mouthed something...