Ch 8 Dinner Date

True disaster - Tove Lo

Violetta POV

I was in the process of making breakfast when the door bell rang.

I went to open the door. There was delivery man holding a huge bouquet of flowers.

I signed the receipt and took them.

I kept the beautiful looking flowers on the table. "I think Luke sent you flowers! Nina." I shouted to her.

She hurriedly ran out of her room and sat in the dining table. She checked it. Her smile disappeared.

"Its not for me Vi. "

I looked at her confused.

She handed me the note.
I opened it and read.

"The circumstances we met was unusual, Violetta
Trying to rewind
And creating something better.
As a thank you for kindness
On my wounds.
I invite you to a rendezvous
Pick you around 8.
Looking forward to it- M"

Who is M?

Nina squeaked in realisation. "Vi!! Your handsome stranger knight is asking me on a date!"

I looked at her confused," do you think its him?"
She nodded.

"It have to be!"

I looked at the note again. I didn't wanted to go on a date.

"But I don't wanna go on a date with him." I pursed my lips keep the card on the table.

"It might be also that he wants to say thank you to you for treating him." Nina said munching on left over pasta from yesterday night.

"I treated him as a duty. Nothing more. I am a doctor. I couldn't just let him bleed out." I said to her.

"You can't cancel can you? You don't know his name or number." She raised a valid point.

"Hey! What kind of a friend are you? Letting me go out with a stranger?! You only said there are dangerous people filled here."

She kept her spoon down. "Vi I don't think he is a bad guy, cause if he had bad intentions then he would have done so when he was alone with you in this condo." Again another valid point.

I cant even make any excuses to reject him. He did save me twice.

I signed.

"Its not a date though!"i said to Nina so that she cant get any wrong idea.

"As you say." She took her left over pasta 🍝 to her room.

I glanced at the flowers. There were beautiful though. I smiled admiring them.

It would be nice if henry ever did something like this

It would be nice if henry ever did something like this. I thought.

We did talked to each other on the phone and I didn't dare tell him about the shooting incident or he would have panicked. More over he was so busy with work we barely got time to talk. The time difference did not helped either. Whenever we start a conversation it turns to an argument. Sometimes things makes me think if he is the one for me or not. We have been together from the time we meet in a college frat party. We immediately clicked with each other. We were so much fun, sneaking around, we couldn't keep our hands off each other. Always in love but after we graduated in 3 years he dove in more deeper into his work and thesis for this doctorate & i put my focus on my job to save lives. From the past 2 years things went from bad to worse. I did all I could to spend time with him but he didn't recognise any of it. We are growing more and more apart I could see that. His priorities changed and so did mine. It was like were in together but love was nowhere to be seen. The excitement and the thrill of life faded. I still loved and care for him.
But was i just fooling myself?
Thinking everything will be okay?

I pulled myself from the deep thought and watched flowers. The date.

Okay! I will go out with him only as a thank you. I will explain him my situation. He will understand it.

——

It was evening and i got ready. I did wore anything extravagant cause this is not a date ... DATE per day. But i did not also underdressed. The card on the table seemed expensive. Nina was in media newspaper reporter. She recognises the paper. It was quite expensive one.

I wore a black dress with my heels and let my hair fall to its natural curls. I put on my favourite lipstick.

Nina went out with Luke. Not to forget before leaving she reminded me to not leave out any details for this mysterious stranger. It was shape 8 and an BMW pulled down below the condo. It must be him. I steady my nerves and took a deep breath and went out the door.

There was he standing right outside my door. Looking sharp and handsome. I mentally slapped myself. Focus.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my red blushing ears. His English Scottish accent was on the rock exotic.

"Thank you. You look sharp as well." I said as my eye scanned him. He wore a purple shirt and black blazer on top. Three of his chest bottoms were opened highlight his muscular chest and a scar. His hair was back brushed and look stylish. His shoes were glossy as well as the Rolex on his wrist sparked. Classy guy.

He caught me starting at him. I quickly hide my gaze embarrassed. He didn't tease me and smiled," we should get going. I have reservations for us." I nodded and went inside his car timidity.

The entire car ride was kinda quite. I was definitely outside my comfort zone to be truthful. Plus his sexy colon was making hard to breath. We reached the restaurant. It was 6 start Michelle restaurant. Too beautiful and classy. Now i look at my attire i feel like I should have wore something more elegant.

He looked and said," don't worry you look very ravishing." Its like he knew what i was thinking. Is he a mind reader?

"And no i am not a mind reader." He chuckled.

To which response i gasped.

"Looks like i was right on the money." He said walking to our table.

How does he know every single thought i think?

We stand down and he ordered the food. The waiter bought over red wine. He poured me a glass. I took a sip.

"If your thinking how i manage to say what your thinking is because you easy to read." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I gave him a weak smile.

"I am sure you must have a few questions for me. I am willing to answer them." He said taking a sip of the wine.

I nodded and spoke.