Chapter 10

"Fiancé?!" They all exclaimed. Vance happened to come down the stairs and he stopped to listen. Alexa separated from the girl. "What fiancé?" Alexa asked, clearly confused. "Your uncle arrange your marriage with prince Vladimir of Slovenia."
"PRINCE?!"
Alexa turned away. "You've wrong person." Alexa began to walk away. "Wait!!! Princess Victoria, please wait. Please listen."
"Princess? Am I hearing things?" Tony mumbled to the team. Alexa jerked to a stop. "Your parents manage to keep the media away about you not appearing for the media. But now, they started this rumor about the princess being dead or missing. It's going global soon. The Slovenians want to meet the princess their prince is marrying too." Alexa was quiet for a while. "I am not getting married. I'm only 15."
"I, uh, I am sure we can discuss about that with your uncle. But can you please just come home? To get the media's rumor off?"
Alexa still kept quiet. "You're the crown princess. But your uncle wants the throne. He is gonna do anything to keep you away. That's why he arranged the marriage with the crown prince of Slovenia."
"He has no f*ing rights to arrange my marriage." Alexa scowled. "No one wants your uncle to be king. They are desperate for their crown princess to be back."
"I-" The glass window had a bullet hole suddenly as the gunshot rang out. What did it hit?
Alexa gripped her neck as she collapsed. It hit Alexa. In the neck. "Alex!" Gibbs shouted as he ran to her and bunched up fabric to press to the bullet wound. "You'll be alright, Alexa." Gibbs said firmly. Alexa opened her mouth. "Shh. Don't talk." he said gently. "Get Ducky up!!! Call the ambulance." Gibbs shouted at the team. "Gibbs..." Alexa croaked out. "Shh. Don't talk. You'll be alright."
"No, listen... the case... in Ziva's safe... take it back to Sweden... and say their princess passed the crown to princess Paige." Paige was Alexa's favourite Aunt. She was abused by her uncle, prince Andrew, but she told no one except Alexa hoping on day Alexa could save her as Alexa is the crowned princess. "Shh. You don't need to pass the crown. You're gonna be the queen." Alexa grunted in pain. Alexa felt her eye lids getting heavier. "Hey. Don't sleep. Come on."
Ambulance arrived to whisk the dying kid with a bullet wound to the neck as quickly as they can to the hospital.
"Who knew she was a princess..." Tony mumbled. "Ziva! Get the briefcase. Lock it to your wrist. We're going to the hospital." Gibbs ordered. "On it boss!"
Now. They have to wait again. Hope. Please survive. Do it for your kingdom. Who was the one who shot her? Why? Did the uncle hire an assassin to kill her? She said he would do anything for the throne.