Chapter 14

Alexa leaned against the door, she took a big gulp of air, gripping her throat. It throbbed painfully now because just two days ago, she was shot in the throat remember. She slid to the ground. "Alexa! Are you alright?" Kyle asked, worried as he kneeled beside her. "I... I think I ripped a stitch." Alexa said quietly. Blood filled the white bandage. Gibbs scooped her up and brought her to Ducky to have the broken stitch restitched.
"She'll be fine. Just, don't let her over exert herself. I think you should carry her back up stairs." Ducky said. "Thank you." Kyle said. "Ah. Who might this young man be?"
"Alexa's boyfriend, crown prince Kyle Vladimir of Slovenia."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Donald Mallard, you can call me Ducky." They shook hands. Kyle carried Alexa into the lift. Gibbs stood with them quietly. Kyle brought her to her desk and sat in her chair. He arranged her in his arms so that she's leaning comfortably on him. He played with her hair while waiting for her to wake up. "That's so cute." Tony whispered. "Yeah..." McGee and Ziva said. Alexa woke up the next second because of the noise but she didn't want to wake up. She feel a warm hard thing pressing against her. It was comfortable. She buried her face into the crook of his neck. She can feel the muscle in his neck move as he smiled. "I'm not awake don't talk to me." Alexa mumbled. "Apparently you are."
"If I move I'll start working immediately. You want a half dead person to work?" Alexa mumbled. "Uh, no." Tony said. "Nevermind! I'm awake! McGee, did you find anything about Serena Patterson?" Alexa asked. "Yep. She just checked into the airport." McGee answered. "Where's she heading?"
"Australia." He said. "The other side of the world huh?" Alexa said. "Yep."
"When's her flight?" Alexa asked. "In 1/2 hour."
"We won't make it. I'll call airport security to detain her."
"While you do that, we're going to the airport." Tony said and he and Ziva left. Alexa called the airport's head of security.
**********
"We've got her." Tony said. They interrogated her and it turns out another woman is involve with the marine so Serena killed the marine in anger.
"Case close!" Tony announced.
Kyle came to work with Alexa everyday for a year until one day on her birthday. He didn't come with her. "Where's Kyle?" McGee asked. "I don't know." Alexa said. You can tell she is a little upset that Kyle's not around. "Delivery!" Someone exclaimed, carrying a bouquet of red roses. "Kyle." Alexa greeted as Kyle gave her the flowers. "Thank you Kyle." She pecked him on the lips. "Happy birthday baby." He gave her a box. It had a diamond necklace in it. "You don't have to Kyle."
"I'll do anything for you baby." He put it on for her and kissed her on the lips. Then he suddenly got down on one knee. Alexa was expecting that he was tying his shoelaces when he reached into his pocket and got a small box. He opened the box. "Will you marry me?"
Alexa tear up and nodded, unable to speak. She held out her left hand and he slipped the ring into her ring finger. He picked her up by the waist and kissed her. Everyone applauded and cheered.
Alexa took time off her work to go back to Sweden and Slovenia to plan their wedding. The ceremony happened a few weeks later. K-unit, sarge, friends in NCIS, MI6, MI5, CIA, FBI, ASIS, etc. was invited by Alexa. This is truly a happy ending.

The end!