43

In a pretty little red dress, with a black leather jacket with big metallic accessories on and high knee boots that only make her legs look slimmer and longer, Tiffany looks like she's about to walk on a red carpet. Her long hair is loose reaching her shoulders in dark beautiful waves and her perfect no-makeup look complements her perfect outfit. If she wanted to intimidate me and make me feel small, like a kid trapped in an adult's body, well... she did it.

But as she approaches I feel captivated by her unusual brown eyes that somehow I never observed before. Her eyes are an unusual shade of amber, brown, gold, and green mixed together in the most beautiful and rare color I have ever seen. Except that for me were not rare. I used to look into eyes just like every day, they used to hold the power to make every nightmare go away in seconds, no shadow was too dark for them, no cry unstoppable. 

Tiffany has dad's eyes and I never saw it... In all these years of hate for each other, of fights and bad words, I didn't even notice her eye color. And she smiles at me, the same devilish smile she always has for me, I realize just how much she and dad look alike. They have so many features in common now that I am looking at her, that I feel like I am watching the younger female version of my dad talking to me.

"So, little princess," she says mischievously at me and Liam "see you brought your puppy with you, too scared to come alone?" 

I insisted to come to our Central Park alone to meet her, but of course, Liam didn't let me, not after he witnessed how to mean she can be with me. So he insisted he will join me, but when she will come he will give us the space we need and enter the coffee shop near the park from where he could keep an eye on us. He squeezes my hand hard searching my eyes for an excuse not to leave, but as I nod he sighs walking away.

"Sorry for that," I say with a trembling voice, but not out of fear, I have no reason to fear her anymore, now I know how to defend myself in case I have to, but because it's so damn cold outside "he insisted to come..."

Tiffany scans me from head to toe probably analyzing my not-so-glamorous look, with my boyfriend cut jeans, an oversized sweater, and my huge winter jacket, I don't think I look impressive at all. Not to mention my hair is probably a mess considering Liam styled it before we got out of the house, my eyes sting are probably the reddest shade of red that exists and I wear no makeup at all so my dark circles are exposed to the world. 

"What do you want?" she asks when our eyes meet, a disgusted expression on her face, like I, might as well be some dirt on her too expensive shoes, not a human being, not to mention her sister.

"I am sorry, Tiffany" is all I manage to say before tears start falling down my cheeks and a knot of pain gets stuck in my throat. I feel my feet giving up on me and I fall to the ground on my knees ungraciously, the earth is cold and muddy freezing my flash. I wanted to talk to her, to apologize, to try and make at least pace with her because I can not live knowing I have a sister who hates the hell out of me. But how can I say all I have to say when I can't even stand after one stupid sentence? 

Her red high heels appear in front of me and I lift my head to see her standing over my small body, tall and proud. I expect to see her smiling, hear some mean comment before walking away leaving me there in mud and pain. I expect everything except what she does next.

Tiffany, in her way too expensive outfit, with her perfect-looking face and hair, kneels next to me, dirt covering her high knee boots ruining them. Her red dress touches the ground getting mud all over it. Ruined too. And those amber eyes that seemed too distant and cold seconds ago, are shining with tears that I know she fights to hold back as her teeth sink into her bottom lip. "Shhh..." she says as her arms wrap around me pulling me against her body. "All this pain, all this betrayal will ease on you in time, everything will be better. Everything except the rage that only grows and grow and grow..."