Chapter 9

February 3, 2011 (10:55 pm)

Been working on this today and it's almost done. Not really much to say. I'm hoping on finishing it later tonight. Then, since it's another snowday tomorrow, I'll work on the Spirit Wolf's Quest. I have a part of it done, but not much. Anyway, Chapter 9?

[Pic of Ethan]

___________________________

Chapter 9

Ten minutes later, the bus stopped. I stood up to get off as did Nick. The dumb blond, who apparently couldn’t take a hint, walked up to Nick.

“If you ever want to hang out and have some fun,” she whispered in his ear. “call me.” I could tell she was trying to sound sexy and seductive, but to me, she sounded ridiculous. She gave Nick a slip of paper.

A warning growl sounded from me again. Nick stiffened. “Thanks,” he said politely. “But I don’t think that’ll be necessary.” We walked off the bus leaving the two blonds with their mouths hanging open.

Nick followed me on a trail through the woods. “That’s not all it’s going to take to get off my bad list,” I said.

“I was on your good list before?” he asked in surprise.

“No,” I told him. “You weren’t on a list before.”

He sighed. “Well at least I am now,” he said as I stopped. He ended up bumping into me, considering he wasn’t paying attention. We arrived a little pond. Next to it was what looked to be a mound of rocks.

It wasn’t though. I went over and removed a medium-sized rock towards the bottom. Before I went in, I motioned for Nick to follow. He did and we had to crouch down a bit to go through the entrance.

When I was through, I turned on a small lantern that had already been there. This was another one of my hideouts. It was very similar to the one by the IceRose pack, but it didn’t have a punching-bag. I had to remind myself to get one of those.

“Are they all like this?” Nick asked from behind me. I nodded and went to put down my pack.

“I’ve got to go into town,” I said. “You stay here and don’t leave. If I find you do, you’ll be walking on one leg, got it?”

He smirked and agreed. “See you later,” he said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

When I got into town, it was about four in the afternoon. I had just come out of a hiking store. I’d gotten another sleeping bag at the store. As I left, I accidentally bumped into a guy about nineteen years old.

“Excuse me,” I said politely as I moved away to walk around him.

“No problem. It was my fault,” he said as he looked at me. “Hey, what’s your name. I haven’t seen you around here.”