Part title

"I love you take care of yourself." My dad said cupping my face between his palms before kissing me on my forehead. I quickly grabbed my suitcases and stole one last look at my dad before walking inside the busy airport. I didn't want him to come with me inside because that would only turn into a battle of who would start crying first. And as much as I was acting like leaving had no effect on me. It did and I was barely hanging on by a thread. My flight was at 12 so I'm actually two hours early. I didn't want the rest of my family to be up when I was leaving.

"I think I need a cup of coffee." I said to myself which caused me to chuckle lightly.

Feels like just yesterday I was selling coffee and Mr. Mitchell was giving me a hard time. Not to mention the fact that I almost lost my life and I lost my scholarship. Now, today I'm leaving to the big apple for a job in Manhattan, I got both my law and my sociology degree but I just wanted a simple job for now.

Maybe a job at another expresso shop? Oh goodness no.

I wanted something new something humbling of some sort. So, Daisy decided that she'd help by recommending me to a friend of hers from college who owns her own event planning company. I know what you're thinking how is that a simple job? But to be fair planning events was an all time natural for me. I guess I was just nervous about working in an actual Law firm or at a Social services center. Crazy? I know but I wasn't going to change my mind about moving to New York.

"What for you blondie?" the guy across the counter asked as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Cappuccino." I responded before I pulled out $3 and handed it to him. The guy smiled politely before grabbing a cup and making my coffee. 'There was something intriguingly intoxicating about coffee. I loved the smell of the different flavors. And Cappuccino was my all time favorite maybe because I loved cinnamon or maybe it was my obsession with it's place of origin, Italy. Either way I loved me some cappuccino.' I smiled softly at my thoughts before I got a glance of my reflection in the glass windows.

'Who would have thought that me, of all persons would become a blonde. Well, I guess it's true what they say, 'change is inevitable.'

My once long brunette hair that had stopped a little about my butt was now blonde with a few streaks of black and stopped a little below my neck.

"Here you go." the guy across the counter said while extending his arm.

There was something really warm about him you could tell he was a really nice person. He was fairly tall with soft brown locks and green eyes. I quickly grabbed my coffee and turned on my heels to find a place to rest my feet. I didn't take that long to find a spot to rest and wait for my flight. After flipping through multiple magazines and finishing my coffee. I sat quietly as I tried imagining life in New York but that was unfortunately cut short.

"Hey Jada, I must say I'm a little offended you felt the need to leave without saying goodbye."

I heard a voice say from behind me.

' It couldn't be.'

I quickly sprung to my feet before turning to face the person I 'thought' I've been longing to see. But froze almost immediately with my face now showing my disappointment.

"It's Jada isn't it?" the guy standing before me asked well he more so teased.

'Screw my pathetic little life.'

My blood was now boiling and I wanted to slap that foolish smirk off 'his' face. But I remained calm as I mentally gathered myself before putting a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Hey." I responded dryly as I glanced upon the douchebag that was before me. To think there was a point in my life where I actually cared for this little measle. He bit his lips seductively as he eyed me up and down his light blue shirt was loosely buttoned which gave way to his rock hard chest. He wore a black jeans to match and his hair was messy. I guess he thought he was doing something. It also didn't help that he held his luggage over his shoulders cockily. Which caused his muscles to become even more visible as they flexed through his shirt.

"Got tired of hiding?" I spat bitterly as I glared at him.

'What? Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean that I can't be upset or in this case furious. I was long past upset the second I saw his face.'

A loud chuckle erupted from his chest before he took a few long steps filling the gap between us.

"Actually I just got back from my sister's wedding."

he whispered against my ears causing me to shiver before plastering his cocky smirk back onto his face.

'It's crazy how years ago he could've gotten me into his bed by doing that but now he disgusts me.'

"How unfortunate for your sister." I said before taking a few steps back.

"Jade..." he called out as if warning me.

Which caused me to now smirk. "James." I said dryly before resuming my position before I was disturbed.