26. Break-Up

After Two Weeks, the Hospital

Elizabeth slowly opens her eyes, breathing soundly. She blinked, adjusting to the lights, and looked around. The beeping sound of the machine could be heard by Elizabeth. She breathes as she sees someone unknown resting beside her on the other bed. She slowly gets up and looking the IV cannula attached to his hands and a few more machines. Her eyes fell on the nurse standing beside looking at her.

"Ma'am, rest down!" She asked, and Elizabeth blinked and blinked, speaking with a horse voice.

"Water!" The nurse nods and pressed the doctor button beside the bed. And shifts to pour water into the glass and gave it. She sips water and moves away, looking around the empty room. The nurse helped her in laying back on a hospital bed.

"Where is my fiance?" She asked, watching the nurse when she looked at her in confusion. Rebecca walks inside with a chart.

"How are you feeling, your majesty?" Rebecca asked, sitting beside her on the bed, looking at her with a smile.

"Better!! Yet feeling tired and small, slight pain in stomach and head." Elizabeth states and Rebecca notes it down and turns to look at her.

"You came here at the right time. You had a miscarriage and organ failure, but Mr. King last week gave his kidney to you. You were in and out most of the time." Rebecca stated and Elizabeth looks at her in shock. The pain overwhelmed her of her miscarriage again when she turns looking at the man on the other bed in the ward. Ares slowly turns in, asleep facing her.

"Ares Azriel King!!" Elizabeth speaks in shock and turns to look at Rebecca. She slowly nods her head yes.

"I am sorry about the miscarriage. But everything will be fine!!" she states. Elizabeth froze in shock. Her body went stiff with pain when she held herself stronger without speaking.

"How's Arawn? I want to see him." Elizabeth asked, looking at her and Rebecca's expression changed. She looks away at the nurse and asks her to leave the room.

"He is discharged and doing well. Your grandmother is outside. I will send her in," Rebecca states and Elizabeth nods her head and turns her head, watching Ares.

'Mafia King helping me?' She thought when her attention was diverted to her grandmother and her butler. Her grandmother takes a seat on the bed beside her. Elizabeth moved her head. Sophia caressed her head.

"Everything will be fine, dear. I promise," Sophia says, and she nods her head, nodding to her.

"Ma'am, I will prepare the discharge paper for Princess," Mr. Henry Andrews stated. Sophia nods her head, watching the sleeping Elizabeth. She slowly caressed her head and Mr. Henry walks away.

Ares slowly wakes up and sits on the bed, rubbing his head. Elizabeth and Mrs. Michael turns looking at him.

He looks at them and smiles a little. Elizabeth was sleeping soundly, breathing in and out. Mrs. Michael return with a beautiful smile

"How's she doing?" Ares asks, and Sophia looks at Elizabeth and nods her head speaking.

"Better!! I am taking her home in an hour. Between thank you Ares!!" He nods, turning and looking at the nurse removing his IV cannula. He got off the bed and stands up. Zane, his security guard, walked with his coat and helped him wear it.

"I will be outside," Ares states. Sophia slowly nods her head. They walked out of the ward, leaving them alone. 

After Few Hours

Elizabeth stood in front of Sophia. Mr. Henry keeps the jacket on her shoulder and Sophia held her by the shoulder. They walk out when Elizabeth's eyes fell on Ares. She stops, and he walks in front of her.

"Thank You!!" Elizabeth states and he nods and speaks.

"I did it for Arawn. He is my friend. Stay Healthy! I will be visiting to check on it." He says she silently nods her head. Mrs. Sophia Michael holds her shoulder and walks out.

Michael Palace.

Elizabeth lies on the bed and watches royal maids standing all around the room in line while her grandmother pulls pillows beside her.

"How long I will be staying with you, Oma?" she asks. Mrs. Michael dismissed the Staff and Mr. Henry. She turns to face Elizabeth and speaks. "For a While. I want time with you." 

She smiled and takes a seat beside her and pull her closer in her arms. Elizabeth nods and kept her head on her lap.

How should I bring it to heart and tell her Arawn broke up with her? She thought and caressed her head slowly. Mr. Henry walks inside and keeps the Juice glass on the table.

It was the middle of the night when Elizabeth slowly got off from the bed and looks for her cell phone on night stands when Mrs. Michael walked inside with Mr. Henry walking inside with the food trolley.

"Elizabeth?" Mrs. Michael calls for her while Elizabeth looks for her phone.

"You looking for something?" She asks nervously, looking at her.

"Oma, I can't find my phone!!" When she sits up straight and remembers the accident night. 'Oh, I Lost It that Night!!' She thought and turns looking at Mrs. Michael.

"Oma, Can I have your phone? I want to talk Arawn." Mrs. Michael breathes and walks, taking a seat beside her.

"Elizabeth! I have to tell you something. But before that, you will have dinner." Elizabeth nods her head, moving her hair behind her ears.

After dinner, Elizabeth was sitting on the bed only with Mrs. Michael. She looks at her quietly, waiting for her to speak.

"Arcane died two weeks before while rescuing you." Mrs. Michael explained. Elizabeth's eyes widen.

"What?" She still did not believe what she heard. Mrs. Michael nods slowly and Elizabeth immediately grabbed the phone kept on the table. Mrs. Michael stopped her from taking the phone.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I should be with him for what I am doing here." She says, looking at her Oma.

"Arawn broke up with you when you were in the hospital. He has returned the engagement ring. He doesn't want any relationship with you." Mrs. Michael says and Elizabeth sat frozen. Her world collapsed. She immediately shakes her head and looks at Oma with warm eyes.

"No!! I don't believe it. Arawn loves me. He can never do this with me." Elizabeth mumbled with shock as her tears roll down her cheeks. She grabbed the phone from Mrs. Michael and dialed Arawn's number immediately. Mrs. Michael sits watching her every move. Her hands were trembling with fear and nervousness.

She called, and it sent the ring. She waited for him to pick, but he didn't. "Arawn isn't answering the call," Elizabeth says with shock, looking at her. Earlier it was different. He always picked up the call on the first dial.

"He won't and probably never, dear. He broke up with you. Tomorrow morning, we will return his things." Mrs. Michael states and pulls a crying Elizabeth into his arms. 'We are royal and we have to follow royal rules!"

"He is done with you. He toyed with your feeling. " Mrs. Michael's words were like crying in Elizabeth's heart. She couldn't bring her closer to the fact Arawn was done with her. 'But why? What did I do?'