18. Pooja

Aadya's POV

"Marriage..my foot" monster uttered soon after entering into the car.

I didn't react infront of him. I opened the window glass of my side and looked out trying to control my tears.

Flashback

After giving an emotional goodbye to my family and friends I seated in a car beside my boss.. oops my husband.

I couldn't control my tears. Soon I don't know when I  dozed off to sleep. Suddenly I woke up. My head was on my husband's shoulder and hands wrapped around his hand. He was asleep.

I kept staring at him. He looks so adorable while asleep. I felt like pinching his cheeks but didn't. I dozed off to sleep again.

Soon we both woke up. We reached his home. The driver opened the door of my husband's side and later the door of my side. I stepped out and looked at the three storyed, white marbled mansion which was infront of me.

"Feeling happy..right" my husband whispered in my ears. I looked at him and gave him a smile as that was the first time he came that close to me.

Soon some rituals were performed by Khushi (hubby's cousin) to me and hubby. I entered the house and everyone was quite tired after the long session of marriage.

I was told to sleep in Khushi's room along with her. We changed our outfits and were about to sleep before we heard a knock. I was about to stand but Khushi interrupted and said she will check.

It was Khushi's mom Annapurna (hubby's aunt). She instructed us to wake up early as the next day would be Satyanarayana vratam (pooja).

We simply nodded and dozed off to sleep.

Next day I woke up and stepped into bathroom taking my towel and a silk saree along with other essentials.

It took a lot of time for me to wash my hair as my hair was yellow due to the turmeric of akshintalu and thalambralu poured in wedding.

I draped the saree and opened the door of the bathroom.

"Wow vadina (sister-in-law). You look gorgeous in this saree" complemented Khushi.

"Thank you" I replied.

Khushi took a shower and soon helped me with the jewellery. Khushi's mom entered telling that the pooja gonna start in half an hour and everyone arrived.

I and hubby sat next to each other to perform Satyanarayana vratam. It went very long. It was afternoon when the pooja and other rituals ended. I was damn hungry.

We were asked to feed each other during lunch. I could sense discomfort in hubby's eyes but he didn't utter anything. We fed each other silently while Khushi secretly captured pictures of us.

"Go change your saree and have a good sleep now Aadya. You will be sleep deprived tomorrow due to tonight's event" Khushi's mom whispered.

.
.
.
To be continued
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aadya's look for Satyanarayana pooja is in the cover photo of this chapter. Give it a look.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. May 2021 bring lots and lots of happiness to you.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)