29. Shattered

Aadya's POV

She was the same girl whom I saw in the pictures. She was Priya then.

Monster hugged her tightly at the entrance itself. She pushed her back. I couldn't hear their conversation. He dragged her to a table and sat beside her. I slowly went and hid behind the pillar near to the table.

He kissed her on cheek. Priya pushed him back. He pulled her to his embrace and planted kisses on her neck and shoulder. I was startled and turned away. I didn't fancy to see their public romance.

When I turned towards them they were kissing each other. I got the answers. I got all the answers to my questions. I turned away. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I walked away and went to my scootee. I didn't feel the need to spy on him anymore. All my doubts were cleared. I wanted to shout. I wanted to shout louder.

I started my scootee. I didn't know where I was heading to. I stopped at a mountain. There was no one. I threw the helmet away and walked towards the end. Heavy wind was blowing. I fell on my knees.

I shouted. I shouted like never before. I sobbed and sobbed.. Why did he do this to me?? Why did he marry me when he loved Priya?? I broke down.

My phone started to ring. I ignored. It rang for 3-4 times. I stood up and went to the scootee. The calls were from Annapurna attayya (mil).

"Hello attayya" I said after lifting the call.

"Aadya. Where are you?" she asked.

"I am on the way to home attayya" I said. I tried hard not to cry in phone.

"Come soon Aadya. I have to talk something" she said.

"Okay attayya" I said and disconnected the call.

Tears were automatically rolling down my cheeks. I took the helmet and started the scootee.

I went home and parked the scootee. Before entering in I wiped the tears with my dupatta.

Attayya was sitting on the couch along with other family members. They were having talks. Seeing me attayya walked towards me. She held my hand and made me sit on the couch.

She spoke something to me which I didn't even listen. I couldn't concentrate on her words. Monster kissing Priya was constantly coming to my mind. I was simply giving a plastic smile to everyone. They started their talks again. I excused myself and went upstairs.

I went to my room and tightly locked it from inside. I stepped into the closet and laid on the couch. Tears were rolling like an open tap. The pillow became wet due to my tears. I dozed off to sleep.

Next day

I woke up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I looked at the thali (mangalasutra) around my neck. The before day's incident flashed in my mind.

I took bath fast, wore a simple outfit and stepped into the bedroom. Monster was sitting on the bed. He was in the previous day outfit. That means he didn't return home the previous day.

He removed his shirt, threw it on the bed and stepped into the bathroom taking his towel. I looked at his shirt. There was a lipstick mark near the collar and there were many wrinkles.

I swiped away the tear formed and sat infront of the mirror when I heard the bathroom door open. A towel was wrapped around his waist. There was a hickey near his neck. It was clear that they took their next step in their love.

Why didn't I notice his affair before?? He didn't return home many nights. And I thought that he might have gone to office. But the truth was something else. I was heartbroken by the truth. It was beyond words to explain.

Until then I felt that I lack something which was why he didn't accept me. I tried many ways to impress him. But then I understood that nothing would actually make him impressed by me.
.
.
.
To be continued
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was really sad that Aadya had to face this bitter truth.

It was heartless of Omkar😡😡😡😤

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)