11. Where did the boss go?

Aadya's POV

I finished my dinner and went upstairs.

I took my laptop and sat on the couch to check some mails. Something grabbed my attention all of a sudden. A small golden thing was shining on the blue carpet. I put my laptop aside and went to that carpet to check what was that. I bent down and got hold of that thing.

It was a ring..our engagement ring which I myself put on to his finger.

our engagement ring which I myself put on to his finger

I myself chose the ring for my to be husband. But I never thought that it would end up on the floor.

He opened the door and stepped inside. I stood up seeing him.

I gave him an angry stare but he didn't notice. He simply went to bed and got involved in work with his laptop.

"I won't hand this ring to him. He will search for it later. Let him be. Why should I bother?" I thought and put the ring in my cupboard.

Next day

I woke up late. He returned from his jog and was seriously searching for something. May be an important file.

I took my towel and stepped into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Goddamnit" he uttered. I could clearly hear his words though I was taking a shower. He was that loud.

"Where did I throw that stupid ring??" he uttered followed by many thud sounds.

"Ohoo.. Sir is actually searching for that ring. Somebody might have noticed his empty finger and questioned him about it. Let him search." I uttered myself.

I wore a simple dress.

I opened the door of the bathroom drying my wet hairs with my towel.

"What the hell?" I uttered after seeing the mess he made.

"My room and my wish. You don't have a right to question" he split venom.

I was not in a mood to argue so I ignored and went to the cupboard. I silently put that ring in my pochette making sure that he wasn't looking.

I slowly slipped from the room and went downstairs. I stepped out of the house and headed towards the park.

"Good. Atleast somebody will scold him" I thought and parked the scootee near the entrance of the park.

As usual I sat on the bench. I opened my pochette and took out the ring.

I still remember every incident of that day

Flashback

I headed to my boss's home.

"Mam we reached" said the cab driver.

I opened the door just to get surprised by the big mansion infront of my eyes.

It was a big 3 storyed white marbled mansion which reached sky height.

My phone started to ring. It was my boss.

"Sir.. Where are you? Why aren't you lifting my calls? Anything wrong? Are you alright?" I shooted questions as soon as I lifted his call.

"Relax Ms.Aadya. My phone was in silent mode. So I didn't notice your calls. I reached the airport. When I opened the phone I saw your missed calls. So called you back. I am perfectly alright. Where are you?" he asked.

"I am on the way Sir" I said and disconnected the call.

I know I lied. I didn't reveal the fact that I was at his mansion. He will make an issue unnecessarily.

"Anna. I have to reach the airport as soon as possible. Plz drive fast Anna. I will give you the double price" I said and entered the cab.

I reached the airport in time.

We went to Bengaluru and they gave the presentation very well. My boss immediately accepted the proposal and signed agreement with them. We headed back.

.
.
.
To be continued. .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Aadya's husband was never interested in her.

Hope you liked this chapter.

Comment and let me know your opinions.

MORE CHAPTERS AHEAD. WILL UPDATE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON.

THANK YOU :)