seven

The next week passed in a flurry of activity. Theodore and my dad were busy getting everything organized for us to eventually move to the Wilton house. Mom was finally hitting her stride, getting involved with some of the causes that the earldom was already involved in. 

Presently, I wasn't doing a lot. 

I'd "cleaned up" my social media, as Theodore had requested I do, which meant removing anything with swears, any overly skimpy bikini photos and the like. Lucky for him, I just wasn't that interesting, and so that took me a grand total of twenty minutes. 

The press had calmed down and moved on,  but that didn't stop people from doing double takes at me when I was in Starbucks. That was always fun. They'd get a weird look in their eye and I could tell right when someone was about to ask about something, so I was quick to take my drink and speed out. 

The other thing Theodore had me do was a quick interview with a popular podcast host. 

"So, Lady Evangeline-"

"Oh, Evangeline is fine."

"So Evangeline, how is it becoming a lady of the nobility?"

I chuckled nervously, smoothing my hair and becoming painfully aware of the blinking red light on the camera that was just to my left.

"It's been really overwhelming, to be completely honest. One day I was a university student in Vancouver, and the next, well, here I am."

The interviewer laughed for the camera, giving me a sugary smile.

"I love your accent, it's so cute."

"Oh, thanks," after a moments pause, "I like yours."

She actually laughed at that, and conversation became a little easier. She was by far the nicest member of the press I'd talked to so far, which was probably because she was about my age.

"So, most nobles, at least the ones I've talked to, have had a pretty sheltered upbringing, which means they're a little out of touch with pop culture. How do you think your upbringing is different?"

I laughed a little.

"Well, I don't know if watching Legally Blonde and Titanic religiously counts as staying up to date, but I've definitely seen my fair share of stuff."

"Who's your favourite musician?"

"Oh, I'm a die-hard Taylor Swift fan. Also a huge broadway nerd though."

She was reading questions from her viewers now.

"Favourite Disney princess?"

I gave a small hair flip.

"Ariel, of course."

"Oh for sure, mermaids are elite. Uhh, oh here we go. They wanna know if you've got a special someone in your life?"

I chuckled nervously, blushing.

"Unfortunately, no. Shoutout to my best friend Adriana Pierce for being the best movie date and wing woman ever, though."

The interviewer laughed again, I was kicking myself that I couldn't remember her name.

"Alright, last question. What do you think of Prince Peter?"

I blinked.

"Oh uh, I've actually never met him. He seems very nice, and I've followed his humanitarian efforts in Yemen for quite some time."

She mock rolled her eyes. 

"Boringggg. Do you think he's cute?"

I blushed redder than my hair. Was she serious?