Chapter V

Y/n's POV;

.

.

.

I stand with the rest of my team in a straight line at practice as coach walked up and down staring at each one of us. Coach was teaching us how to take falls, In other words cheat. It was Karp's turn he skated forwards, "one, two, three. . . Boom!" Coach counted down. Karp jumped up and fell to the ice with a hard grunt. I made a face at his fall; as everyone started laughing. 

Coach walked down the line and stopped in front of Goldberg. "What are you laughing at, cream cheese boy? Let's go!" Goldberg  went silent. I let out a soft laugh as Coach made his way to me. "Let's go, Y/n!" He ordered.

I huff and started to skate forwards, "one, two, three. . ." Coach counted down, yet again. I roll my eyes. "Boom!" I jump up from the ice and fall back down as the pain of the fall stung through my padding. I groan out in pain and push myself up. 

Soon enough Coach partnered us up to practice our falls. We had to "trip" the other with our hockey stick. "Come on make those fall seem real! Keep it up. Keep it up." Guy pretends to hit me—I fell once again. I took about fifteen falls and Guy about twenty now. 

My body was starting to ache through the pads; I pretend to hit Guy down, but accidentally trip him. He fell to the ice, "ouch!" He groans as he holds his leg, I start laughing at him. 

"I'm so sorry, Guy." I speak through my laughter as I hold out my hand for him to take, he glared at me as he took my hand and helped him up. We did this for another twenty minutes. 

We soon got into two lines and practiced a saying, I definitely wasn't on board with the idea of cheating. I actually want to play a fair game, even if we do suck, not take falls every five minutes. 

"Good. Good. Now say it again." Coach ordered as he raised a finger to the air. 

"Take the fall. Act hurt. Get indignant." The rest of the team all said proudly. I barley even mouthed the words.

"One more time." 

"Take the fall. Act hurt. Get indignant." They repeated again.

"Good. You guys are ready." Coach sighed as he turned to face us.

.

.

.

______________________

The next day—game against the Jets;

.

.

.

I skate back around to my position following the puck behind the other team. They scored, because Goldberg took a fall. He's the goalie for gods sake! The referee came out to Goldberg and took him to coach. 

We all crowded around the referee arguing with him. I went into the bench area and sat down. I took a few drinks of water and watch coach talk to the Goldberg. 

"Goldberg." Coach Bombay groaned.

"What?"

"Don't take the fall when their shooting at you."

"Oh, well, I guess you didn't explain that very well, then. Did ya'?" Goldberg rolls his eyes at him and grabs his water bottle.

"District 5, cut the acting crap. One more time I forfeit to the Jets." The referee informed Coach.