Chapter XIV

We all stood at the bus station to say goodbye to Coach Bombay before he goes off to play in the minor league. 

Coach made his way down the line shaking everyone's hands "Cake eater." Adam said with a smile. Coach smiled back at him a shook his hand.

"Remember, strength, not concentration." Fulton said while shaking his hand. 

"Right."

"-And for gods sakes, soft hands." Averman whispered. 

"Yeah." Coach whispered back. "Anything else?" Coach asked.

"Yeah, have fun out there, coach." I smiled and nodded my head agreeing with Charlie. I smiled as he gave Coach a hug goodbye. 

"I must be crazy. Trying out with the minors. I'm gonna be goin' up against kids half my age." 

"Were all crazy sometimes." I said.

"Yeah, I guess we are." Coach agreed with me. 

"One step at a time." Charlies mom said.

"Yeah, your right." Coach said while giving her a kiss on the lips. Everyone wooed my jaw fell to the concrete side walk. 

Charlie looked at me wide eyed I shook my head and smiled awkwardly. They gave each other a big hug --- my jaw was still dropped to the floor, I mean what?!

Everyone started talking over one an other. I looked over at Adam and smiled I hit his arm playfully and he smiled back. 

Coach leaned out of the bus doors "Hey, Ducks, no matter what happens, we'll see ya next season! We got a title to defend." 

Everyone cheered as he got back onto the bus --- the bus pulled out and away. We all ran to the corner of the street shouting from where we are and waving goodbye.

A few days later:

I sat in my room trying to finish up the last of my homework before tomorrow, so I wouldn't have to stress about it. 

"Hey, Y/n! Can you come here for a second?" Charlies mom called from the kitchen. I got up from my desk chair and walked to the kitchen. 

"Yeah?" 

"I- come see these papers." I furrowed my brows in confusion. What papers?

"Your mother sent these over today. They're the papers to make me your legal guardian...  She also left this letter for you." She pulled a letter out of the envelope. 

I ripped open the seal and read:

To my dearest Y/n,

I had to go. I had to leave for good. I couldn't stand being in the house me and your father had lived in for so long.

I couldn't bare to do this to your face so I sent a letter instead; I know Ms.Conway will take good care of you.

I am still just a letter and a call away if you need me. Just know I am always there for you. I didn't want to give you for adoption... so I decided to make Ms.Conway your legal guardian.

You know I would never give you up, and I hope one day you will forgive me for this, but I must find myself.

If that means giving up what I have in my life... I am up for the shot. I'm so sorry once again. Please forgive me in times ahead.