Chapter XX

We all stood in the rink waiting to meet our new teammates. I stood in between Charlie and Adam. Averman had stood a little next to Charlie.

I watched as five players skated onto the ice. 

"Tell me about my new kids." Coach asked Don Tibbles.

"That's Luis Mendoza." Don pointed to a the guy on the right side. He wore a blue and red jersey. His hair was dark and ruffled yet tamed at the same time. 

I couldn't lie he's pretty good lookin'.

"He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster. Incredible skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line." I raised my eyebrows — wow.

I watched as he made his way around the ice in circles; he really was fast. I mean really fast.

"Good lookin' skater." I commented out loud. 

"Very good lookin'. What do you think, Adam? Charlie?" Averman asked them while agreeing with me.

"Shut up, Averman." Charlie and Adam said in unison. They both nudged Averman aggressively; knocking him to the ice. I giggled as he got back up.  

"He has one minor problem." Don started. I watched as Luis tried to stop, but ended up hitting a wall roughly. I made a face at his hit. 

Ouch.

"Has a little trouble stopping." Don stated.

"I'd say so." Goldberg commented.

I nodded my head agreeing with him even if he didn't see. I watched as the other people helped him up from the ice. 

Next there was another boy who came out in front of us. "Yee-haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play some puck?" He shouted enthusiastically. 

I smiled at his nature as he threw his hat off and put on his helmet. 

"Hey, look, it's Hopalong Gretzky." Jesse remarked while laughing. 

I watched as he handled the puck with his stick. He's a really good puck handler — I can say that for sure.

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin. He's the best puck handler I've ever seen." Don explained.

"You mean for his age." Coach corrected him.

"No, I don't." I raised my eyebrows, surprised.

"Hey! This is easier than ropin' hogs! Yee-haw!" Dwayne shouted as he handled the puck on the ice. 

"He does have a tendency to showboat." Don explained once more.

"Wow." I whispered. 

"There's Julie "The Cat" Gaffney." I looked over at the goal where she was standing. 

Yes! Another girl.

"She won the state championship for Maine three years in a row." 

"Well, we have a goalie. Goldberg."

Goldberg went to the other goal and started hyping himself up. He attempted to do the splits or something and ended up hurting his legs. 

Only him, I swear. I rolled my eyes as he got back up.

Coach told me to go out and take a shots at Julie. 

I put on my helmet, and got out onto the ice; I took my shot — it was blocked. Wow, she was good. 

Fast reflexes. 

I circle back around getting another puck, and shooting it this time to glove side. I shot it — blocked again. She has a really fast glove.