Epilogue

The second the bell rings, I jump out of my seat and race down the hall and out the school doors. I made sure to keep my jacket with me all day and that everything I need is in my bag and not my locker so that I could leave as soon as possible.

Unchaining my bike, I hop on and pedal away from the school, probably looking a bit crazy, but I don't care.

Today is Jordan's birthday. And I have no time to waste.

The usual walk home is about ten minutes, but my bike cuts that in half, hence why I took it. The ride to Jordan's house will be another twenty minutes or so, so I have to move quickly once I get home.

At my house, I throw my bike on the lawn, knowing no one will be around to steal it and hurry up the stairs and inside. I change out of my clothes, putting on a slightly nicer long sleeve shirt and a different pair of jeans. I do my best to make my hair not look like a mess, but give up quickly. In this October weather, it's bound to get messed up anyway the moment I step outside.

I grab Jordan's gift off my dresser and run back outside. The amount of cardio I'm getting today is insane. I'll probably pass out once I get to his house.

I don't bother zipping up my jacket, worried that I'll be late and have no time to do so. Hopping onto my bike once again, I race down the familiar streets toward Jordan's house.

Savannah and I have planned a bit of a birthday surprise for him and he has no idea that I'm coming. Earlier in the week I told him there would be a very good chance I wouldn't be able to come over, so hopefully he'll be at least a bit surprised to see me.

His parents are also in on it and have reassured me countless times that Jordan doesn't hate surprises. They've been super supportive of us since Jordan came out and told them about us. Above all, they're ecstatic that they can finally tease Jordan about something and have leverage over him.

My parents are just about the same. When I introduced him to them back in August, they were shocked, but came around instantly. And after a couple rounds of Monopoly and LIFE, Jordan had scored major points with them. My family absolutely adores him, just as I predicted.

The week before school started, I told my friends too, and they all had mixed reactions. Patrick and Jason were happy for me and that was about it. Ruth had actually screamed and still can't get over our relationship. Alex hasn't said much except that she's glad I found someone, and Kyle didn't hide his distaste. For a month, it was like we went right back to how we were in June. I was just about ready to move past him until he finally got over himself and congratulated me.

Jordan recently met some of my friends and like with my parents, he was extremely nervous. And also like with my parents, he quickly bonded with each of them and has been invited through me to multiple hangouts.

The last two months have been amazing. Jordan and I are honouring our promise to each other and are brutally honest and open about what we're thinking or feeling. We've still had our fair share of arguments and disagreements, but we always forgive each other.

Jordan's house has become so familiar that I don't think twice about steering into the driveway. I drop my bike and walk up the steps, my legs burning and shaking. I knock on the door and it rips open seconds later.

Savannah is dressed in jeans and a forest green knitted sweater—a change from her usual sweats and tees.

"Good, you're here," she says, motioning for me to come in.

"Hey, Sav," I greet her, stepping into the house. "Is there somewhere to put my bike? I don't know how many bike thieves are around here."

Savannah chuckles. "Yeah, I'll take it into the garage for you. But you better get upstairs. Jordan will be home soon."