34

Percy waited, his arms folded, leaning on a pillar and taking in the lovely winter's day around him on a balcony. December had to be one of his favourite months. The crisp, cold air that always made you feel like your nose was about to fall off, hats and scarves, and how absolutely gorgeous everything looked when covered in snow.

He turned, sensing a presence approaching him. Thor was walking towards him, with a handcuffed Loki not far behind. Percy was filled with unexplainable, pure joy when he saw his lover. He looked so much less tired. He didn't seem happy exactly, but he certainly seemed to be healthy. That was good.

"Perseus, where-" Thor began, but Loki cut him off.

"Percy? How are you here? I thought-"

"Not here," Percy looked at Loki. "I'll explain later."

In truth, Percy had been very reluctant to assist Thor breaking Loki out of the dungeon, because Loki- apart from Heimdall- was the only one who knew Percy was in Thanos' clutches- or, at least, in danger. Not only that, but, also, if Loki was free and not protected, Thanos could find him and take him easily. Percy wanted Loki to be happy, but wanted nothing to do with this plan.

However, if it got Percy himself off of Asgard and away from Heimdall, who knew full well what was happening, then it was all the better. Also, how could he have said no? If he was in on the plan, there was no way Thor, Sif and The Warriors Three would let him sit and do nothing. If he hadn't accepted to help, there was no doubt that he would be considered a threat to their plan.

So, here he was, helping his friend, his boyfriend and some mortal escape Asgard and get past some of the most fearsome warriors in the worlds- the Einherjar. He looked back at Loki.

"Anyway," he smiled, resisting the urge to kiss his lover. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Percy," Loki grinned, keeping up his cool demeanour for Thor. But Percy noticed that Loki's eyes were filled with worry.

He'd seen something, hadn't he? He thought back to the dream he'd sent Loki all those weeks ago- had he let too much slip? Had something gotten to him? He resolved to ask Loki about it later. For now, they needed to concentrate on getting out of here, and fast.

The three of them stood there for a few seconds longer until Lady Sif and the mortal came into sight. Jane pointed to Loki, shocked, and walked forward quickly. "You're..."

"I'm Loki, you may have heard of m-" Loki was cut off by Jane slapping him in the face hard.

"That was for New York," she glared at him. He seemed shocked for a moment, but very quickly covered that up with a grin as he looked at Thor.

"I like her," he said, and Percy rolled his eyes.

Then he felt a large, large cluster of presences behind him. He turned a few moments before everyone else did, and he saw a large group of palace guards making their way towards them. He uncapped Riptide, which had been residing in a pocket he himself had sewn into his Asgardian clothes, seeing as it originally didn't have one.

"There they are!" A guard yelled. "Take them! On my command!"

"I'll hold them off, take her," Sif told Percy and Thor, who both had their weapons drawn, totally prepared to fight.

"Thank you," Thor nodded at her gratefully, and went ahead with Jane. Loki and Percy were about to follow, when Sif drew her sword and pointed it directly at Loki's throat.

"Betray him and I'll kill you," she said lowly, and lowered her sword. Loki simply laughed.

"It's good to see you too, Sif." He turned to Percy. "Shall we?"