12

Chapter One: Fading

In my brief time as an immortal, I have found that, no matter how much I may try, there is no possible way I can actually die. There are things similar to it in my godly state: such as living my immortal life in insanity, in eternal pain, exiling myself to Tartarus; (all of which we shall cover in later chapters) but none of those things really mean death.

I wish for my body to shut down; I wish for it to stop. I wish for my soul to disintegrate- or perhaps move on to the Underworld. I wish there was a way I could die.

It is a well-known fact by now that immortals can fade. Their godly essence can weaken until they no longer can stay in their body. While this may be only a temporary fix, and while it may leave some of your essence and consciousness on Earth, it is a technique I personally advise strongly against if you truly long to disappear from this world completely.

But- if for some reason you find that fading it the correct technique for your immortal 'death,' by all means, read on. Fading is dangerous, scary, often it may not end well. It can be extremely hassling to get rid of yourself completely, which in most cases is completely impossible.

Percy gritted his teeth. He didn't need to fade. He needed to die. He needed to feel pain as it happened. He needed to be reunited with Loki- or, the more likely choice, disappear from the universe, his consciousness, his soul, his essence- all gone. That was what he wished for.

He flipped to the next chapter.

Chapter Two: Kill the Idea.
(Please note this chapter is only effective if said immortal is a godlike being)

To kill an idea is most likely the hardest way to kill an immortal. If an immortal is also godlike, they probably thrive on Western Civilisation's perceptions and ideas of them. They live as long as their believers do.

So what happens when all of those believers stop believing? What happens when they die out?

I'll tell you what happens: the god dies with them.

Percy flicked again, knowing that even if that idea worked, the entire Greek pantheon would die with him too- and he didn't want that, no matter how much he despised them all.

Chapter Three: Mortal Death.

If an immortal cannot die in their immortal state, why can't we make them mortal?

An easy way to do this is for our immortal to be granted mortality from an higher being. When this mortality is granted, the immortal in question can kill themselves just as a mortal would. In most cases, the immortal may not be resurrected. They will pass on to the Underworld.

Percy groaned in frustration. Zeus would never willingly turn him mortal again, nor let him die. He flicked the page again.

**********************

I'M SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT BUT I'M POSTING CHAPTER 13 STRAIGHT AFTER THIS SOOOO

yeah

(Both chapters still need to be edited don't come at me)

-Megafetus