16

Loki was brought in by Capsicle- whose name was actually Steve- Thor, and metal man- who was actually billionaire inventor dude Tony Stark. Percy followed them, still concealed by the mist, back to an even bigger ship in the sky. It had laboratories, cells, control rooms, sickbays- Percy was astonished at how unbelievably huge it was.

He decided to stick with Loki, just in case these guys wanted to hurt him. Or worse. Percy knew from experience that you could never be too careful. He knew that if he relaxed for even a split second, there was a small chance he could lose Loki again.

And no way in Tartarus was that happening.

"In case it's unclear," a guy with an eyepatch and a long, black coat introduced as Fury, the leader of this facility, was speaking with Loki, who had been imprisoned in a glass, circular cell. "You try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass-" he pressed a button, opening up the floor beneath Loki to reveal the ground was a long, long way below. Even if he was a god, Loki's body would go splat if he fell from that high up. Percy shuddered.

"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury pressed the button to make the floor close beneath Loki, and Percy could breathe again. Fury pointed at Loki. "Ant." He pointed back to the button. "Boot."

"It's an impressive cage," Loki smirked, looking around, before looking back to Fury. "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard." Loki looked up to the corner, where Percy figured there must be a camera, watching his lover's every move. It made him angry. He had to constantly remind himself that, for whatever reason, Loki was dangerous. He was unpredictable. Percy's affection for him couldn't get in the way of this mission. Break Loki out. Imprison him at Camp Half-Blood. Interrogate him. Send him back to Asgard. Easy peasy.

Or, that's what Percy wanted to think.

In fact, being in such close proximity to his lover caused Percy's train of thought to be completely lost. Around him, he was hopelessly in love. He found himself being drawn to Loki, trying desperately not to be sucked into a situation where he'd end up on Loki's side. He couldn't and wouldn't allow that to happen.

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man," Loki turned to face Fury again, his back to Percy. "How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?" Fury asked. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

Percy stepped forward towards the cage, hoping to stop Loki from doing or saying anything stupid.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close," he laughed humourlessly. "To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury simply smiled. "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something."

He and his crew walked out, leaving Loki alone to stare knowingly into the camera. Percy couldn't help but stare. Even when he was in captivity, Loki was still absolutely breathtaking. Percy had seen his lover's face countless times but every time he saw Loki, he would feel like he was falling in love all over again.

He didn't know how long he sat there, watching his lover pace slowly. Why? He asked the fates internally, looking up above him, as if they were watching from the skies. Why do you do this to me? I was so close to saving him, and you bring me here, to this aircraft scattered in the sky- Zeus' territory, might I add. And for what? He looked down, thinking, and then looked back up. If you're trying to confuse me, it's working.