💙Chapter 11💙

By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
~African Proverb

I knew I was very late for class so I wanted to take a seat without drawing any attention but my attempts immediately failed when I walked into the classroom and everyone started clapping. Some guys even started whistling excitedly .

Not knowing the reason for their excitement, I tried my best to walk past Mrs. Smith but I was immediately stopped off my tracks by her hand.

"Luna... you are twenty minutes late and you can just walk in into the classroom without apologizing ." Mrs. Smith said. It's been twenty minutes? Now I am starting to see why my dad always says I walk like I have diarrhoea .

"Sorry madam. I was kinda in a situation---"

"Looks like it... you even had time to do makeup?" She retorted." Can you take your seat now. You have disrupted my class."

I actually had no idea where to seat . My usual sitting place was occupied by someone. I started looking around the class for somewhere to seat.

" Oh my God, Luna! Sit next to your project partner." She commanded.

I looked at Tristan , he seemed really sad. His beautiful blue eyes were swollen. I guess he was crying. Oops my bad.

Immediately and this time without a trace of diarrhoea , I walked to where he was seated .

"Hi!" I whispered .

"Hello!" He whispered to me brusquely . He sounded like I was the one that slapped him. Honestly, after that rude response I was starting to think that he deserved that slap.

I never thought Kassy would slap so well. His cheek was damn pink and sore. I thank my black skin. I would have been looking like that too, but thanks to it, I look unharmed. Well, maybe thanks to the makeup too.

After that brusque response, I really had nothing to say to him next. So I ignored his response and continued listening to Mrs. Smith mumble.

Well, for a while I didn't really hear any thing she said. My mind was thinking about the one seated next to me. He was carrying Ava and his attention was fixed on what she was saying.

Those eyes. My favourite colour.

Snap out of it Luna! What if he notices you staring.

His hair looks so good today, wish I could feel it.

"Luna!" Mrs. Smith hollered.

"What! have I done something wrong?" I said startled.

"I just asked you a question !" She yelled, causing the whole class to go into laughter. Including Tristan.

What question?

"I am sorry, can you repeat it?" I asked sheepishly . Everyone was now staring at me with huge grins. Tristan was also looking at me with a huge smile on his face. Don't know if he was laughing at me or not but something about his charming smile got me feeling shy.

"Luna, after class we need to have a serious conversation ." She muttered. I nodded in order to show that I agreed . I think she could be the best to talk to about the whole Kassy situation.

"Before you ignored, I asked you what you thought of the project."

"Well, i had so much fun with it. Children are a handful but at times they can be really interesting to have."

"You are right about that. What did you think of the project Tristan?"

"It was fun... I guess."

"Unfortunately, today will be the day these project babies shall be given back to the school. Good to know you all had fun." She said ecstatically.

Honestly, giving the fake baby project away would mean no more time for me to spend with Tristan and it was just getting more interesting.

How else would I spend more time with him? Why not ask him out? Now I sound weird, but I would like to go out with him so maybe tomorrow I can ask him out.

"Oh my God, Luna. What is happening to you today?" Mrs. Smith
Asked.

Did she just ask me another question?

"I am genuinely sorry madam, I didn't hear what you said . My mind is else where right now ." I replied honestly. For one day I had so much drama .

I don't even understand why Mrs. Smith kept asking me questions when she could ask somebody else.

"Never mind. We will talk about what's on your mind after class."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her reply, then replied with a nod of my head.

After several hours of her talking about Genetics--- which i barely understood , the siren finally rang.

Thank the lord that boring lesson is over .

I was ready to leave the classroom when I remembered I needed to talk to Mrs. Smith. So I remained seated while waiting for all the pupils to leave the class.

It didn't take a while for the class to become completely empty. I stared at Mrs. Smith while trying to figure out what exactly I would tell her. Then, I started to walk towards her direction.

In the few seconds I had, I figured out what exactly I would say.

"Hi madam."

"Luna, I am glad you came. What exactly has been your problem today?"

"I was involved in a fight with Kassy." I said bluntly." Well, I didn't fight her back."

"A fight?" She asked. Then I nodded my head.

"Why did Kassy fight you?"

"I kissed Tristan ."

I know I didn't really kiss him on the lips but I wanted it to seem like I did. Just for the fun of it.

"Are you hurt in any way?"

"No... I am fine. She just punched me and spilled all my lunch on me."

"I am sorry about that. I will report her to the school authorities, She was wrong in fighting you in the school premises so she deserves suspension ."

Her words brought joy to my heart. Suspension would be the best pay- back for that punch.

"Anyways ,after I report her, I hope you do not kiss another persons boyfriend again."

"I won't madam."

Of course I did not mean that. I can't promise that I will never kiss Tristan again. I might kiss him again--- and this time on the lips.

After that conversation with Mrs. Smith, I walked out of the classroom ready to go back home until I bumped into someone.