💙Chapter 6💙

Please look at the picture above. Cute baby right?
Well, that is not a real baby, it is a fake baby. That is Luna's fake baby.

My eyes couldn't believe it, I was holding a baby. A fake baby for the matter. It was weird to me because that baby looked like a real child.

To be honest, I have never held a baby in my life and that's because I am an only child. My parents never allowed me to go out and I am not exposed to babies. So when I held that doll, I found it very weird.

Tristan didn't seem to find any problem with that because he was grinning the whole time like he had accomplished something great.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Well, I never thought this day would come." He said whilst pretending to wipe a tear.

"What day?"

"When I would become a father."

"Oh, hi you two ." Mrs . Smith said, interrupting our conversation as she suddenly rushed into the room.

" Hi madam." We both said in unison.

" Nice baby you got there, Luna. what is its name?"Mrs. Smith asked.

"Well, we haven't yet ..."

"Her name is Ava." Tristan chimed in.

"Oh, what a cute name for a cute baby like her." Mrs. Smith smiled." I made sure that I got you a black baby Luna, do you like it?"

"Well, madam I love it."

"It? Well, in case you didn't notice Luna, that which you're calling 'it' is our child."Tristan interrupted.

Wow! He was really taking this baby thing seriously.

"Oh yeah... I really love her. My child from my womb." I said sarcastically.

Tristan just giggled loudly causing him to let out a big snort. It was the first time I ever heard a guy snort out of laughter, so I joined him in laughter, causing Mrs . Smith to wonder what was so funny.

"I guess now that you have the baby, you might as well go to class." Mrs. Smith said, causing us to stop laughing.

"Oh, yeah, that, I guess it's a bye, for now, Luna, see you later and please take great care of our child," Tristan said while staring at the little thing in my hands.

"I will."

It was so weird that the fake child felt so real. She was really heavy like a real baby and so cute.

I was hoping that the producers of these fake babies did not give them the ability to cry but just when I was almost entering the classroom, I was greatly interrupted by the sound of Ava's crying. Not long enough, the sound of her crying started to increase in volume by each minute.

"Come on Ava, momma's here !" I kept screaming and gently shaking her but with no success.

"Urgh!!" Screamed my physics teacher." What in the world would a black girl and her black baby be doing in this school, aren't you supposed to be in the streets?"

"Not to be rude sir.. but I am a student at this school and this baby you're seeing is fake and it was handed to me as a project by the teacher of biology," I said as politely as I could be.

"Curse Mrs . Smith, she takes her lessons too seriously, I mean a fake baby, really?" He muttered." How long will you have these fake annoying things?"

"She didn't really tell us how long."

"Oh my God! So this thing will keep disrupting my classes?" He continued. "Does it have an off switch or something?"

"Unfortunately sir, it doesn't. It is basically like a real child and the only time it can be off; is if I killed it."

"Then kill it ." He mumbled. As his words entered my ears I started to know what a jerky teacher sounds like.

"No, I can't ."

"Ok then... just get out of my class. I want no noise." He said, pushing me out.

I was extremely angry and I started heading towards the hallways with what looked like a real child. I immediately sat in one of the empty classrooms and got one of my books to read.

"Luna, aren't you supposed to be in physics class ?" Asked Mrs. Smith, which startled me because I did not expect her to find me.

"Yes, except Mr . Bota chased me out because Ava kept making noise."

"He was not supposed to, it is just a project why does he have to ruin everything?" She yelled furiously. "Come on, follow me".

I know, I know nothing about those two, but I could tell they once had beef with each other and that could be another reason for another fight so I just did as she instructed and followed her.

I was interested in seeing if they could fight but to my surprise, they just entered a private room away from my sight and after a few minutes Mr . Bota called me into his class.

What was going on? Was I allowed to keep Ava? I forgot about that and started to mind my own business.

For several hours, Ava stayed quiet until all my classes were all over. Now it was time to go home but they was no way I was going to go with a child in my hands. So I decided to look for Tristan. When I did I found him with his girlfriend having a make-out session.

I did not want to disrupt anything, so I just walked away.

A part of me felt like I did not want to talk to him. I kinda felt upset with him for a reason I do not understand.

I did my best not to be seen because I did not want him or his girlfriend to see my facial expression. It all never made any sense, they would be no way that I would be jealous of seeing him make out with his girlfriend. I only knew him for two days what was happening to me?

Just when I was ready to exit the school, I was stopped by someone.

"Luna!"

"Oh... Tristan, I was actually looking for you. You're the one who will take Ava home."

"No problem." He said cheerfully. "Is there something wrong ?"

"No why do you ask?"

"You are crying." He said, wiping a tear that fell on my face.

What was happening? Am I crying? How did I not notice?

"Oh, that, I guess I will talk to you later. I think I need some time on my own." I said, then handed him the fake baby.

I hurriedly rushed to my mom's car without looking back. I could not believe I just made a scene like that. I hope he did not know that I was crying because of seeing them both.

It makes no sense how I developed feelings for him in only two days of knowing him.

My mom watched me as I wiped all the tears. Knowing my mother very well she would never question me when I am in my own world. So I expect her to question my strange behavior a little later.

I am also wondering why I acted so weird. It is not like me to cry over any guy.

Even worse one with a girlfriend.