💙Chapter 23💙

A dog that refuses a bone is not alive.
~African proverb.

Looking for clothes to wear on a date is very difficult.

I looked through my closet, unpacking all my well-packed clothes as I searched for something to wear.

We were not going on a regular date to a restaurant so it would be unnecessary for me to wear in a fancy manner but I still struggled to look for something.

I eyed all my dresses considering whether it would be a smart idea to wear a dress on a date to an amusement park.

I sighed loudly out of frustration. My morale for that date begun to slowly fade away.

Just when I almost gave up, I heard someone enter my room.

"Luna, why are you unpacking your clothes?" My mom said, looking at the mess I made." Now your room looks horrible you need to clean it up."

I was so glad to know she came into my room at that time. I needed her help.

"Mom, I need your help!" I suddenly blurted out. I never thought that looking for clothing on a date would be so difficult.

"I hope you're not asking me to help you clean up this mess." She scoffed." I have no interest in holding your stinky clothes."

"Mom!" I yelled at the fact that she called my clothes stinky." I am not asking you to help me clean up this mess."

"Then what do you want me to help you with?" She said, tilting her head to the side.

" I have a date today." I lowered my head to avoid seeing her expression.

"That's great news!" She said with so much excitement.

"I don't even know what to wear," I added with my head still lowered.

"Wait... Who asked you out?"

"Xavier," I said raising my head to see her expression.

"Yay!" She jumped up and down causing me to furrow my eyebrows in shock." I told you he liked you."

"But mom---" she immediately interrupted me.

"Did he confess his feelings before asking you out?" She asked with a very creepy grin.

"Yes and---" she cut me off again.

"Did you tell him you like him also?"

"I don't like Xavier." I retorted, shocked at the conclusion she made.

"Then why did you accept to go on a date with him?" She crossed her arms and eyed me like I did something wrong.

"Because I thought it would be fun to go on a date to an amusement park in Germany."

"That is where you are going, what a nice choice for a date!" Her words shocked me because she did not judge the fact that I was going out with Xavier." You said you wanted me to help you with clothes. Let me choose something I think looks good on you."

She pulled out black buggy jeans and a white shirt. I gawked at her choice wondering whether that would look good on me.

"You love simple colors, so this would look good on you if you wear it with those cute black boots of yours." I left my mouth open when I realized that she helped me pick a nice outfit.

"You just saved my life. Thanks, mom." I said, grabbing the outfit so that I could wear it.

"It's just that you lack brains, sometimes you make me think you cheat on your tests because this was so easy and there was no need to make such a mess." She said ridiculing me, making me wish she could say 'you're welcome' rather than that.