💙Chapter 17💙

"Xavier! "I said excitedly when I met  Xavier  waiting for me at the door.

"It is babe, not Xavier." He corrected me with a smile plastered on his face.

I hugged him tightly because I was really excited to see him. "Okay, hi babe."

The moment I got out from his embrace, I looked at him with a smile on my face then he did something I did not expect him to do.

He kissed me on the cheek.

I don't know if it was right for me to feel that way but when he did it, I felt butterflies in my belly. I really liked the feeling of it that I wished I could feel it again.

I didn't know what to say next, I was just speechless; trying to comprehend why he did that. I know we were pretending to be in a relationship , but it was strange that he did that because no one was there except for the two of us.

We both reported really early for school so there was no one in the hallways other than us. I was puzzled, trying to understand his reason for doing that when no one was there to see us pretend .

It is like he read my mind because he immediately started to explain himself." I know we are alone but if we learn to pretend even when we are alone,maybe then; we can get better at pretending when they are others watching."

I laughed at the fact that he was able to read my mind. Maybe my face indicated so much daze that he knew exactly what I was thinking.

I grinned really widely, allowing the edge of my lips to tip upwards." You don't  have to explain yourself , I trust you."

He looked shocked that I said I trust him and when he noticed that I was being sincere he smiled widely and I could see him blush a little.

I know I trust quite easily and not everyone is deserving of being trusted but Xavier seemed worthy of being trusted. He had always been really nice to me ever since and I can't imagine him do anything to break my trust.

"T... thanks. "He stuttered, guess he was touched my words."So mister Jackson said we should meet him at room 21 so that we can go for that competition."

I smiled at him then held his hand." Let us go then."

He looked at our interlocked hands then at me."Okay."

That school was so big  that just going to that room was quite a long journey. We walked in silence until we arrived at room 21.

I saw mister Jackson and Kyle waiting for us.  Kyle looked really shocked when he saw me holding Xavier's hand that  the moment I noticed him staring at out hands, I released my hand from Xavier's grip.

"Hi Mr. Jackson." I said when I noticed the awkward silence in the room.

"Hi Luna and Xavier. I didn't  know you guys have something going on." Mr. Jackson said with a playful smile on his face. Something going on? More like something fake going on.

I looked at Xavier and gave him a smile. The whole pretense was working because even Mr. Jackson could be deceived into thinking we had something going on.

"Yeah he is my boyfriend." I said,causing Kyle to gape his mouth open in amazement. I laughed when I noticed Kyles expression." What is so shocking Kyle?"

"Xavier never told me he had a girlfriend." He complained." I thought we were bros Xavier."

"I am sorry for not telling you. At least now you know." Xavier replied reassuringly.

"I am just hoping that what you have between the two of you does not come in the way of us winning the competition." Mr. Jackson said." Love birds tend to lose focus quite easily."

"No need to worry sir. We won't  get distracted easily ." Xavier replied laughing .

" I hope you keep your promise. I guess, we should go now. "Mr. Jackson said.

We followed him out of the school and then he drove us to Tech-Fest highschool. Just when I thought my school was humongous; I started to see that my school was way smaller in comparison to other schools.

Tech-Fest highschool was so big and fancy I mentally disagreed with the fact that it was a school.

We entered the school and it was so crowded with pupils that I  felt very uncomfortable . The uncomfortableness  increased when I  noticed a lot of people stare at me.

I held Xavier's hand just to feel less uncomfortable. We walked in the hallways and many people kept gawking at us until we entered a very big classroom. The classroom was very fancy and the tables and chairs looked really expensive.

I sat next to Xavier and Kyle on one of the chairs and right before us was a big board that looked like it was meant to be a scoreboard.

My stomach begun to twist in knots out of the anxiety I was feeling from waiting for the pupils from other schools to arrive for the competition.

Xavier seemed really calm because he sat quietly without a single trace of fear written on his face.

"Are you guys also scared?" I asked both Xavier and Kyle because they both seemed really calm.

"I am very scared." Kyle answered, shocking me.

"Yeah me too." Xavier replied a little later after Kyle.  I don't know why, but guys really know how to hide their emotions because they both seemed really calm and the fact that they were both scared made me laugh because they did not really show it.

"No need to fear." Mr. Jackson intervened in our conversation." You guys are extremely smart and if you do your best, you will probably win. Just relax, okay?"

We all looked at each other then nodded at him. Anxiety made us silent for a while until the pupils from other schools came into the classroom.

The teacher handling the competition also came into the classroom and started the competition.

All the schools were given many questions to solve in the minimal time given.

We all solved the questions and after many minutes, we handed  over the answers for scrutiny. All the other pupils from the other schools also handed over their answers. We all waited in silence for them to announce the results.

I looked at Xavier and Kyle and this time they all reflected anxiety . Xavier was biting his nails and Kyle kept stomping his feet on the ground.

"And the winner of this math competition is..." The teacher announcing paused his sentence to give us unnecessary anxiety.

"Oakwood Academy." That was us! We won!

We all begun to jump up and down and then Mr. Jackson came and high-fived us all.

They made us stand in front of everyone then handed us a trophy. I felt overjoyed to see the trophy.

We all smiled at each other and celebrated until Mr. Jackson decided to drive us home.

It was actually the first time I ever won a trophy and I never thought winning a trophy would make me feel that accomplished .