Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Liam POV

He could not have entered at a more inopportune moment.

"Hello Darrell," I warmly greeted Quinn's father, turning around to meet his gaze. Quinn looked up at me astonished. I guess she thought our little chat wouldn't end up with us being on first-name basis. She forgets how charming and persuasive I can be I guess. I'll make sure to remind her of that later.

"Liam," Darrell replied. "I see you've found Quinn. Were you able to discuss with her yet?"

"Not yet, sir," I said. "I was just about to get to that."

I turned back to see a confused Quinn. "Would you like to join me for a walk, Quinn?" I held out my hand for her to take.

I saw her look over my shoulder to her father and then she sighed. "I guess I have a few minutes," she replied and brushed past my outstretched hand. I can't say I'm too surprised.

I nodded to Quinn's father before exiting the kitchen. We had a couple hours before dinner and I'm hoping I'll be able to spend most of that time getting to know my mate. My work can wait another day.

Quinn and I walked towards the back door of the pack house and onto a brick patio. There were a few lounge chairs and a pool off to the side. Maybe later this week Quinn and I could enjoy a swim together. The thought of her in a swimsuit set me off a bit and I had to take a moment to calm myself.

Quinn took a seat on one of the lounge chairs and I sat on one facing her. "I'm not in the mood to walk through the woods alone with you right now since you almost just kissed me. I'd rather stay nearby in case I need someone to hear me screaming," Quinn said dryly.

"That's a bit unfair, Quinn," I told her. "I have to say it looked like you were enjoying my touch, if I'm being honest. But I can respect your wishes."

Quinn looked pleased at that. "So what is it you wanted to talk about, Liam?" She wanted to get right down to business I see.

"Before we get to that, I'd like to get to know you a bit better. And maybe you can get to know me as well. If we're taking this time to allow you to make a decision, I want to give myself as much of a fighting chance as possible. You can agree to that, can't you?"

Quinn took a second to think but nodded. "I agree. It's only logical to get to know each other. I'll need all my facts in order to make an informed decision."

I smiled at her. She was so serious all the time. I wonder if she ever lets loose to have some fun. I'll have to make sure to figure out what activities she enjoys so I can see her smile a bit more.

"So tell me about your family." Quinn surprised me by starting up the conversation.

"Well as you know my mother and father are currently king and queen of the werewolves." She nodded urging me to continue. "My father is a serious man. He takes his job seriously and cares greatly for the packs under our protection. He's a good man. I wish to be like him someday. Maybe a bit less unapproachable but I want to have the respect of my subjects and for them to think of me as a good ruler."

Quinn appeared to be listening thoughtfully so I continued. "My mom is absolutely wonderful," I smiled thinking about her. I could see Quinn wince a bit as I said that. I wonder why. I hadn't seen her mother yet. Maybe they don't get along. I decided to continue and ask questions later. "Mom is kind, loving, has a great sense of humor," I trailed on. "But that woman is a force to be reckoned with," I chuckled and I could see Quinn giggle a bit as well. I loved that sound.