Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Liam POV

I was deep into a report of another rogue attack when Ethan burst into my office.

"Knock much?" I scolded without looking up from the papers.

"Suze cut me off, Liam," he said frantically.

This caught my attention. Their link was my only connection to Quinn.

"What do you mean she cut you off?" I asked, standing up from my desk.

"I can't reach her. I tried to check in to see how things were going but she's put a wall up."

"Well let's go find Reggie or Linda to see if they can reach out to her," I offered before exiting the room.

Ethan followed closely behind me. He was obviously just as worried about his mate as I was about mine. I searched for anyone who could help us in the pack house but no one was around. We decided to head out to see if Reggie or Darrell were on the training fields.

Once we reached the fields, I saw both of them working with a few trainees. Darrell spotted me first so he left Reggie in charge to come speak with us.

"What brings you two to my training session? You need a few pointers for dealing with my daughter?" Darrell joked.

"I apologize, sir but we actually need your help with something else. Suze seems to have closed off her mind link so Ethan is unable to reach her. We were wondering if you or Reggie might be able to link the girls to check in on them for us," I tried to sound calm though I was anything but.

"Why do you need to check in on them? They're just at school. Those two girls can handle themselves you know? It's high time you got that through you thick skulls. Royalty or not, if you want to end up with my daughter, you still gotta treat her right. And treating her right starts with a whole bunch of trust."

Darrell was right but I still needed to know why Suze shut Ethan out. Ethan had nothing to do with what I did to Quinn so there's no reason for her to do that.

Darrell sighed when I didn't say anything in return, "Fine boys. We'll link them but don't go running off trying to find out why you've been shut out. Give them some space."

Darrell's eyes then glazed over while he tried to link the girls. "Huh," he said after a second. "Hey Reg, get your ass over here."

Reggie jogged over. "What's up boss?"

"Try to reach out to Suze and Quinn. I can't seem to reach them on my link."

This was now way worse than I had previously thought. Shutting out Ethan was one thing but why did they shut out their family? Reggie's eyes glazed over as well and a few seconds later he looked at Darrell and then towards Ethan and me with an apologetic look. "Sorry boys, those girls don't wanna talk right now I guess."

"Did you hear anything from the school?" I asked. "Did they make it there okay?"

Now that I've found my mate, Quinn is in danger of my enemies trying to get to her. There was that rogue yesterday. Why didn't I ask Quinn more about what he said? I was starting to get frantic.

"Hold up a second," I heard Darrell call out. "I have a missed call from the high school. Let me listen to the message real quick."

He held the phone up to his ear and a few seconds later his facial expression hardened. "What are those girls doing skipping school?" he grumbled.

"They never showed up?" I asked.

"Afraid not, boys. Sounds like they decided to take a little ditch day today. I'll be having a talk with them later. You wanna join in on that Reg?"

"You better believe it, Darrell," Reggie replied.

I have no idea why they're taking this so lightly. They never made it to school. They could be hurt or worse. Do they not understand what kind of danger they're in every day just by being associated with me?

I decided not to waste my time talking to these two when it was clear they had no intention of looking further into the issue. By now they've been gone for over an hour and they could be anywhere.

"Ethan, let's go," I said before heading back for the pack house. Ethan followed dutifully behind me. I'm sure he's just as frantic as I am.

On the walk back I tried calling Quinn on her phone a few times. Each time it went straight to voicemail. I sent her a text telling her how sorry I was for what I'd done and how I hope she'll forgive me. What if she ran away because of what I did? I would never be able to forgive myself if I was the reason she left her home and family.

"We need to find them," I said when we were a few feet away from the pack house.

"How do you expect to do that, Liam? They obviously don't want to be found. I've tried calling Suze and her phone is off. Do you think something could have happened to them?"

"I'm not sure," I replied. "But I'm not going to just sit around and do nothing. I need to know that she's okay."

I reached out to my guards over my link and informed them of the situation. They were going to follow the trail they'd taken this morning. Ethan and I were going to stay at the pack house in case they returned or they reached out to anyone here. It was hard not to be on the search party but I knew I would be too reckless if I was out there looking for her. We needed our best men on the job and right now, my head just wasn't in the right place.

Every so often I would have Ethan try to contact Suze, whether it was over mind link or on her phone. Each time he came up empty. I tried Quinn's phone over and over again but those efforts were also fruitless. I guess we just had to wait.

I hope they're okay. I've only just found her and I can't lose her yet. She's my everything, my world, my love, and I need her to come home.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't updated lately.  The school year just ended, my wedding is in less than a month, and I'm having surgery tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy!  I'll do my best to update more regularly now.  Thanks for the support!