Chapter 50: The First Truth

Seven years ago, Coleman got a chilling call from a certain someone.

"That damned bitch... Why is her life so thick? My goodness, after facing all that, she should die any minute now. Why is nothing happening yet? All Luke's fault for holding on to nothing as well!"

Coleman kept his mouth mum, letting the Duchess Antonia Grosvenor rant on. She was always like this when she was frustrated and would not stop rambling about her frustrations.

In this case, it was about Miss Yarra Kenes, which was the Young Master Luke's lover.

Hearing endless cruel things spat out of the Duchess' mouth was definitely not healthy. But what can Coleman do? She was his direct boss along with her husband, Duke Grosvenor.

"She destroyed all of Luke's potential! Even leaving a damned bastard. Why did that bastard even survive? Now it's difficult to get rid of him! Heavens!"

Coleman felt his throat feel very dry at the Duchess' mention of cursing her own grandson, a mere baby.

At that point, Coleman just stopped listening to the Duchess altogether. The words she were saying were too inhumane.

If Coleman had the choice, he really would not get involved with his masters' personal affairs at all. But is inevitable as he works very closely with them.

If he were to have an opinion, he thinks that the Duchess should just leave Young Master Luke alone. She tried so hard to control every aspect of Luke's life that in the end, Luke got suffocated and did every action against her.

Look at him, even breaking off from their family and starting a new family with a woman he loves. He was making brave choices all on his own for the first time, not being dictated by his family.

Suddenly though, the Duchess kept saying something that Coleman could not comprehend. After all, he was busy trying to distract his head to not listen to her.

"Do you understand, Coleman?"

"Understand what, Duchess?"

"I want her gone. I want to kill that woman. She is useless and she will die sooner or later. Have you seen Luke!? Don't you feel sorry for him? He keeps on hoping she would wake up. Ugh! If I knew, I would have hired better people to complete kill her off!! That fucking bitch in a vegetative state still won't let go of my son!"

Coleman had goosebumps at every word the Duchess was saying. His eyes were widened, too astonished at what the Duchess revealed.

Thankfully, the Duchess was only calling him so she would not see his reaction.

But has the Duchess gone crazy? What's with that slip of tongue?

'What did the Duchess mean by that... Miss Yarra's accident was planned by her?' Coleman wondered.

"So you understand, Coleman? I want that bitch killed. You will be the only one who can do it as you deal with the staff in this hospital, don't you? Offer them any amount, those cheapskates will take anything. I don't care. I want her killed!"

"But Duchess... Are you sure this is the only way? I'm not sure if this is within my scope of role as a butler. This... handling with a person's life... it's too much..."

From the other side, Duchess Antonia let out a frustrated groan.

"What the hell, Coleman? Were you not listening at all? If that woman continues to live, then I would lose my son forever! If you cannot do it, I will always find someone else to do it, Coleman!"

At that remark, Coleman kept mum. It took him a short pause before he finally answered the Duchess.

"I understand, Your Grace. Rest assured, I will do exactly as you say."