Chapter 5

Isabella's POV

Isabella's POV

I started looking around as they stopped the car in a forest. It was beautiful with deep green grasses, flowers everywhere, birds chirping around. It looked like a sea of deep green plant life; spores engulfing the trees. It was overgrown with moss. By the looks of it, the forest was old and antiquated. The trees were staring at me like silent sentries.

But the air was stuffy. It was hard to breathe. I bit my tongue out of nervousness and the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth.

" G-guys, w-where are we? "

" We are at a primordial forest. It may look creepy but there is nothing to be scared of. We always hang out here so that no one can disturb us. Don't worry. At first, you may find it scary. Just give it time. You will get used to it."

" Ok,'' I said in a low voice. I truly hate forests. This brings back some bad memories for me that I don't want to remember.

We spent the rest of the evening speaking about mostly myself. They wanted to know about me, like why I moved here, what do I like to do, what is my favourite food and blah, blah blah. I found it a little bit weird that they always wanted to know about me. I mean, no one was interested in me so much like they are. In my old town, everyone may loved me from outside but I knew that all of these were fake and they couldn't care less about me. But I pushed that thought away. I was grateful that I had found friends like them. I have never had a real friend since my childhood. The only true friend I got was my mommy. But God maybe wanted me to suffer. So, my only friend, my mommy was also taken away from me. Ever since then, I have never had a true friend. I was friendly with everybody and they loved me, but I knew deep down inside that was fake. I don't know what is wrong with me or why didn't they want me as their friend. I know I am different from others. I was often treated like trash in school because I stutter while speaking and lost my mommy. They told me that mommy didn't love me, but I know it's not true. They said that mommy died because of me. I was an abomination. But I didn't choose this. I didn't want this to be life. But it was given to me.

No, I am not angry at anyone for this. I love my life. I am happy with my life. I am content with whatever I have. I have a loving and caring mom and dad. They love me unconditionally just like I do. I couldn't ask for more.

But sometimes I wonder why me? Why can't I have a normal life just like everyone else? Why couldn't that day the wolf attacked me instead of mommy?

The past can't be erased, changed, forgotten or edited. It can only be accepted.

A/N; well, wasn't the last part interesting? The secrets will unfold more as the story continues

A/N; well, wasn't the last part interesting? The secrets will unfold more as the story continues. Anyway, thanks for reading. Please vote and comment.